Hi all!

Just after a bit of info, My golf is a 96VR6 with 98k on the clock. It has 7.5 x 17 OZ canyons, Koni adjustables, Eibach ARB's, Ram-Air ind kit, Miltek exhaust, sports cat, AMD re-map (212 bhp & 202 lb-ft) Turbo groove discs & greenstuff pads, M3 style rear lights.

It also has full service history (serviced at AMD 3k ago) usual electrics (windows, mirrors, sunroof) & air-con. It has one minor dint on the drivers side rear quater panel.

Would £7k be too much to put it up for sale at?

It's not definate yet, but i have a hankering for a skyline B) Any help would be great.

Cheers Jamie :)

I reckon it probably is a bit high at 7K. Its been said before, but all the mods (even though they are good ones) aren't really going to add value to the car and might put some people off.

People generally look at age, mileage, condition and the spec eg highline, with air con ....

have a look on www.autotrader.co.uk to see what similar cars are up for.

I sold my 1.8 golf last year and thought id try my luck asking a bit more than it was worth, got absolutely no interest at all. brought it down by 500 quid to what it said in parkers and got flooded with calls.

[ Edited Mon Apr 26 2004, 12:08AM ]

I'll only have about £2k to spend, but i don't know if it's worth spending it on the golf. Big power & fwd don't really go. Besides i've just got a company van & won't be doing as many miles in whatever car i end up with. My golf stands me at £11k to date & i think i've got to draw the line somewhere.

think 6.5k is going to be a bit steep too jamie! its a shame our cars aren't worth the effort put into them really! just an example, there's a '97 r mulberry highline on the golfgti site, with 33k on it one owner fvwsh up for 5k ono! now i know thats cheap, but people just wont pay over the odds anymore for cars unless it goes to an enthusiast! just my 5 pence worth!

If anybody on the forum knows of anyone wanting to buy my golf i'm open to offers. Just waiting for insurance quotes to come back, but it looks like i'll be getting a RX7 twin turbo :P I've wanted one of these for the last ten years! Was 13 when i first saw one & wanted one ever since B)