It will fail the mot having a cat bypass, as your car is charged I strongly recommend a cat bypass due increase in hydrocarbons which will damage the cat.

All I tell the mot tester's: The car hasn't a cat on so I've put the cat in the passenger seat to change for the car to pass the mot. They usual say bugger that I'll get my hands dirty and stick the probe up another cars exhaust. 10 quid cash always sorts it!!

rob, i hate joo, you know i want that car...give me, i'll trade you my vr, for your skyline, it was so comfortable, on the way home i fell asleep in it too!

-- right justin, thats the kind of factual metric i was looking for, i have one on order, but was wondering if it was worth it, becuase of the MOT issues. i dont mind paying 10 quid more for my MOT :) hehehe. who knows, i might be like eat this and get thru without any problems (still gotta wait until next year for mot tho!)

tbh I picked the car up from the exhaust place, drove the 20 or so miles to the garage and was smiling all the way it sounded and drove like a different car... by the time I got there I didnt care what the figures were because I could feel the improvement

I should point out that this was a custom centre section from downpipe to backbox hand built on my car (nearly £400 worth!)

ultimatetune is sorting it for me, so i'm guessing it'll be good. come on rob, when will i see this pipe work :).

binliner :- mines not 400 quid lol, its slightly less, probably wont make as much power, but maybe it will open up the top end a bit more, what you think?

Back pressure is not so much of an issue with chargers as they're crank driven (as you know), so you won't get exhaust back pressure trying to stall the turbine blades like you get with restrictive exhausts on turbo engines.

CAT and MOT. Incorrect. You don't need one post 92 to pass the MOT. What you car must pass is the emissions, with or without cat and that's what the lambda is there for, besides, if you get a SupersSprint bypass like what I've got on mine, it looks like a sports cat and that's what you tell the MOT tester, it's a 100 cell sports Cat ;-) The absence of sulphur smells seldom catches their attention and if you're 'friendly' with your tester, they'll over look it..... I mean, they let Allegros and Metros through the test, so......

Mine has the factory exhaust and said SS bypass. If the Corrado VR lientz system is anything like the Golf VR system, then it flows plenty, just don't believe the hype with exhausts...... just remove the biggest restriction, the cat.

If the Corrado VR lientz system is anything like the Golf VR system' date=' then it flows plenty, just don't believe the hype with exhausts...... just remove the biggest restriction, the cat.

[/quote']

trust me the syncro system is completely rubbish... 2 cats, 2 suitcase boxes, pipes the size of pea shooters... it had to go!

Nerih,

5000rpm sounds quite high for peak torque. Mines at about 4k and standard is 4200 I think.

As far as moving the torque peak up the rev range goes that's what everyone after more power wants. 260lbft at 6500rpm would give you 310bhp.

Have you posted your graphs - be interesting to compare.

trust me the syncro system is completely rubbish... 2 cats' date=' 2 suitcase boxes, pipes the size of pea shooters... it had to go!

[/quote']

Yeah that does sound restrictive! The Corrado system is nothing like that thankfully. I really rate it. My Milltek liberated precisely zero hp over the standard one, so the standard went back on and Milltek got their exhaust back.