Quotes for my bodywork....do they seem right or too much?

Right over the last few days i've had three quotes to get the rust sorted on my rear arches, the arches rolled and then then painted.

The first quote was from Fulfords in Colchester (some of you will know them) they quoted 650-700 + vat to just roll the arches and treat the existing metal and paint the 4 corners.

Next was Carisma, who do pimp my ride uk, they seemed alot better with thier evaluation and also facilities and would cut the rear acrhes out and weld in new ones (better then just treating the metal imo) I'm certain this would be a better job than fulfords. They quoted 750-800 + vat plus the cost of the new arches (about 50 ish). So around about a grand.

Finally today I went to Bibby bodystyling (The guys that worked on binliners car and who do all Nemesis's work) He noticed more extra rust on the front arches which hadn't been spotted by the other guys so this was included in the quote, he also would cut out the rust and weld in plates, also to pull out the front arches and sort the inner arch to protect doors and sills etc. Also he said they would be removing the rear windows and would basically be painting the whole side of the car to ensure matching paint work. This was

Are you getting rust done as well Pete?

Will they be cutting it out and welding in new plates etc?

There wasn't a huge difference in Bibbys and Charismas quotes, both i'm sure would do a a very proffesional job as both have very good facilites, Bibby did spot a few more bits and would be doing quite alot more.

As you say Justin, they do do a very good job, and it reflects in his business and reputation as they do do alot of high profile work.

lot of money, but black magic is a bad colour to get wrong, ive seen Justins and that looks fairly mint ;-)

maybe worth getting a few more quotes just to put your mind at rest..... How the f*ck does Tommy keep the paintwork on his so mint? Considering he doesnt use a bonnety bra? It must be that bubblewrap he uses.....

Are you getting rust done as well Pete?

Will they be cutting it out and welding in new plates etc?

There wasn't a huge difference in Bibbys and Charismas quotes' date=' both i'm sure would do a a very proffesional job as both have very good facilites, Bibby did spot a few more bits and would be doing quite alot more.

As you say Justin, they do do a very good job, and it reflects in his business and reputation as they do do alot of high profile work.

[/quote']

Put it this way, it's gone to the same place as six appeals and lowlife's so I expect a bloody good job of it!

1125413189_2_FT0_copy_of_image_00055_.jpg

1125932223_2_FT16_wheels_.jpg

Jon those quotes do seem a bit pricy for the work having done.

Mine having a practically bare shell respray, all the repair work is being done and some body mods to top it all off! and its costing me way less than 2k.

I think where pete and si has had there cars done is excellent and if i knew there prices were that competative I may have taken mine there :) So its probably worth the drive there for you