I run that set up and god knows how low I am, but no one is as low as me on that set up and I run my car 250 miles+ a week! I get MINOR rubbing on the front when on uneven ground/full lock, the rears are no probs!

You'll have no probs at -30mm, but saying that, the key is getting the correct offset... stick around 35-37.

When I first got my 17" x 8" ET35 I was advised to go for 215's and I said no as wanted the stretched look of 205's so thats what i ordered! Didn't realise it was going to cost me in the long run, as its not a show car, its used EVERDAY and abused regularly on the track and strip!

I've got 215/40/17's on mine now. I did originally have 205/40/17's on them first of all, looked cool, nice and stretched, but it drove like a piece of crap ,and you never knew if the tyre was going to pop of the rim during hard cornering as they were so stretched. The 205's gave me no rim protection what so ever and even the slightest pot hole chipped the rim! (and at well over £200 notes a rim thats not advisable!)

So now have the 215's on it, can thrash it around the bends and feels stable at very high speed, not so bumpy/choppy, and gives a bit of protection to my rims. The only downside is a slightly higher rolling diameter (next to nothing in it though!) and that they don't look as good and can rub if you go drastically low, but mine are fine now I have the arches rolled. But as your only going for 30mm drop you should be fine, if you go too low the sump catching will be your main worry not your tyres, as the VR has a notoriously low Sump! &|