2017 a year of change! - Get Involved!

Happy New Year everyone :)

Do you want to get involved with the club or even want to run the club?

Due to a high number of personal commitments in 2017 I will not be able to dedicate as much time to the club, but instead will retain a back seat position in the form of a webmaster taking care of the website / app and social media.

There are a number of positions and we are looking for pro-active individuals who can bring value and real improvement to the club without direction and bring in new ideas and a new lease of life!

• Club Chairman - High priority to provide leadership and direction for the club and committee.
  • Event Organisers - High priority to organise 2017 events.
  • Shop Manager
  • Social Media Managers
  • Forum / Website Admins
  • Website Content Creators

Ideally you will have had prior experience of either running car clubs and to be able to dedicate the time that takes to run an active club of this size, any knowledge with HTML, web-site admin / forum moderator also an advantage!

If you are interested in any of the above positions or would like more information please reply below and I can share more information for everyone to see.

Many Thanks!

Pete

I'm sorry to hear that you will soon need to be taking a back seat position Pete. However I can only imagen how it must demand so much time, You and other organisers do a great job with the club, website and events. I hope someone with the spare time and dedication required can be found. This is a great club dedicated to a great engine and Vw models it would be a terrible shame to see it slip. 

Edited by cactusjackslade

Like cactusjackslade, I too am sorry to hear you will not be able to dedicate as much time to the club and will be taking a back seat, but that said though after 13/14 yrs of being involved in the club I can't blame you, as life takes over and more pressing priorities must come first. :rolleyes:  Sadly though this is now not the bit where I say " Have no fear I will step in and do my bit to help" :o As I'm pretty much computer illiterate and you lost me at the bit were you mentioned HTML, as I have no idea what that is. Sadly when I was at high school back in the mid 80's and thought I knew everything and knew that computers would never catch on (famous last words there I feel) I took no notice in computer lessons whatsoever.. Oh what a Mahooooosive mistake that was..... :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2017 at 5:26 PM, cactusjackslade said:

I'm sorry to hear that you will soon need to be taking a back seat position Pete. However I can only imagen how it must demand so much time, You and other organisers do a great job with the club, website and events. I hope someone with the spare time and dedication required can be found. This is a great club dedicated to a great engine and Vw models it would be a terrible shame to see it slip. 

On 1/6/2017 at 8:05 PM, VR6 Supercharged said:

Like cactusjackslade, I too am sorry to hear you will not be able to dedicate as much time to the club and will be taking a back seat, but that said though after 13/14 yrs of being involved in the club I can't blame you, as life takes over and more pressing priorities must come first. :rolleyes:  Sadly though this is now not the bit where I say " Have no fear I will step in and do my bit to help" :o As I'm pretty much computer illiterate and you lost me at the bit were you mentioned HTML, as I have no idea what that is. Sadly when I was at high school back in the mid 80's and thought I knew everything and knew that computers would never catch on (famous last words there I feel) I took no notice in computer lessons whatsoever.. Oh what a Mahooooosive mistake that was..... :huh:

Cheers Guys ! and thanks for the great comments! Yes has been a long time and I still get a lot of enjoyment out of the club and the value it gives our many members and visitors. 

I have no intentions of letting the club slip, lets hope we get some willing people who want to help to take the club to new heights :)

• 1 month later...