Reassembling 97 Jetta vr6 (someone else's project)

I bought a 97 Jetta with a vr6 that someone pulled to do a clutch and timing chain. They got the engine and trans put back together and then got bored and sold it to me to finish. I've come quite a ways on the project but I've had a couple problems. I'm making this thread to hopefully get some help and document my project along the way. Right now my main issue is that there is a threaded hole in the intake manifold at the front left corner of the engine and I don't know what it's for. Could you guys please help me out? I'll post a picture as well

Thank you for the help. I got a chance to work on it again today and snapped a couple more pictures. I found the sensor in a napa catalog online and gave the store the part number because they couldn't find it. Next question, what is this little plastic sensor and where does it go?  I need to get the car rolled over to the lift to get some things done underneath too. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

• 4 weeks later...

It doesn't do anything when I turn the key on or turn the engine over. I took the fuel lines off at the engine to see if fuel would come out and nothing has. Yes I turned the key on and waited and also turned it over. I will look for the relay. Thanks guys