Dave's Mystic Blue VR6 History & Future Build Thread R660 TUJ

A bit more work done this afternoon. Engine sounded proper funky on start up. Was nearly match in tank time. However she come good in the end.

Fitted some Samco hoses that where on the donor car I bought and two window regulators sorted. So all I am waiting on is carpets and interior a wheel that's with the repairers and its MOT time I hope. More importantly detailing time as she is filthy and its hurting me to look at it in this state.

5765911f218a3_ImageUploadedByTheVR6Owner

576591317f928_ImageUploadedByTheVR6Owner

Cheers for popping in! ?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not been much to report lately.  Got my oil feed and drain lines sorted.  Had all my engine bits back from the powder coaters so I can start putting everything back together!   Had my Brembo calipers

Got my carpets back in today. Like new to say the least. Really happy with how they turned out. Popped door are and seats back in. Took her for a test drives and things seem to be good. Just nee

So had the donor car delivered straight away and started stripping it!   Then Michael turned up to return my Ross Tech cable he stole and he left with half the engine bits.  As it turns out he bought

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Got my carpets back in today. Like new to say the least. Really happy with how they turned out.

57780173219a6_ImageUploadedByTheVR6Owner

Popped door are and seats back in. Took her for a test drives and things seem to be good. Just need to pop a splitter on her and take it for MOT all being well.

New tires are wider and do rub slightly on the front so will need to raise her a little. . Needs must!

Well the girl is home tonight! Driving bang on pulling like a train and stopping like a bitch with those new anchors.

A quick snow foam, 2 bucket wash and she's as pretty as ever. Not to get the rotary on the wings. With the work done on the engine they have a few scratches. Nothing I can't remove. Slowly but surely getting there.

ImageUploadedByThe VR6 Owners  Club1467838848.191520.jpg

ImageUploadedByThe VR6 Owners  Club1467838861.909683.jpg

ImageUploadedByThe VR6 Owners  Club1467838878.879300.jpg

Thanks for stopping by.

So after having the car back one day! I was doing a bit of bypass thrashing when the gear linkage came loose. After shifting from 4th to what I thought was 5th doing around 70 plus the car went into 1st gear!

This absolutely minced the pressure plate . So back on the ramp. Box out. This was the perfect opportunity to fit a lightened flywheel I had knocking about.

ImageUploadedByThe VR6 Owners  Club1468097061.613854.jpg

ImageUploadedByThe VR6 Owners  Club1468097077.697701.jpg

Even had a guest to the workshop today. Carl fitting his eibachs! Had a Right laugh losing shit!!!!

Check out slimming world comparison shots

5781630c43fb3_ImageUploadedByTheVR6Owner

Be interested to know what difference the lightened flywheel makes, was going to get one when I changed my box and clutch but didn't for whatever reason.

It just seems to rev quicker dude. Cars a little more responsive. However I had t driven it for 12 months. Had it be day and wrecked it. So this was fitted.

Hey them flywheels look like me and you pal.

Me being the fat one.

It was a very productive and funny day mate.

Glad we managed to find that bush otherwise I might of been running mono on the rear.

Thanks for all your help dude.

Anytime mate. Always a laugh and never straight forward. I would love to know how the bush managed to get where it was. Still a mystery.

Good times. Just need your steering wheel straightening now

Anytime mate. Always a laugh and never straight forward. I would love to know how the bush managed to get where it was. Still a mystery.

Good times. Just need your steering wheel straightening now

That's the least of my worries dude. I was more concerned about it turning the wheels and taking me home. I had visions of going off road on the A1M and sending a pic to you of me upside down on my roof.

Yes the bush was a mystery pal. How the f**k it ended up at the back of that pallet beats me.

On 7/10/2016 at 0:00 AM, VR6CABBS said:

That's the least of my worries dude. I was more concerned about it turning the wheels and taking me home. I had visions of going off road on the A1M and sending a pic to you of me upside down on my roof. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Yes the bush was a mystery pal. How the f**k it ended up at the back of that pallet beats me. emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Haha while driving home myself I was a bit cautious!  Always the same though after major surgery like having the box out.  You just take it easy for a bit to make sure everything is right and all bolts are in tight hahaha

Finally the part I enjoy! Started a full detail today in prep for upcoming events.

KKD Snow Foam. Two Bucket wash with BMD Atlantis shampoo. Detailing brushes for all nooks and crannies. Fallout remover for wheels and new daft White calipers! Power Rinse. Then dry. Then the work begins panel by panel. Clay Bar. Menzerna 400 if there is heavy marks. Followed by 2200, then finish with 4400. 50 Cal Filler applied with rotary and finishing pad. Poor boys exp sealant. Then a layer of BMD Morpheus wax. Finished with a layer of BMD Sirius Dark wax. Then a little Mad cow quick detailer to bring out the gloss.

CarPro DLux for all plastics and poor boys glass cleaner for the Windows. Also use poor boys tyre gel and wheel sealant. Not a nice job so get the helpers in for that one!!!

578a7856a3475_ImageUploadedByTheVR6Owner

578a788ec747c_ImageUploadedByTheVR6Owner

578a78c0b3f94_ImageUploadedByTheVR6Owner

578a78e5129c6_ImageUploadedByTheVR6Owner

578a7903dfac2_ImageUploadedByTheVR6Owner

578a7933a305f_ImageUploadedByTheVR6Owner

So this afternoon we managed one wing and one door . Back at it tomorrow.

Reflection shot
578a796b1db1e_ImageUploadedByTheVR6Owner

Cheers for popping in!

• 2 years later...