Alternative to undo front strut top nut?

Soo, had a go at replacing the front struts. Usually a 7mm allen key and socket are enough to undo the suspension top nut until...

IMAG0573_zps6415fbf4.jpg

When trying to undo the nut heard it crack and thought I'd got it moving, until I realised I've now rounded the hex part of the strut. Any suggestions on what to try? Seen as the top of this strut is now buggered I'm resigned to the fact of just getting the angle grinder and cutting the top of the strut piston off.

Edited by Therusterman

If you can get somewhere with an air gun, that will Deffo get the nut off. See what your battery impacts like when fully charged but if it's like the one I have at work I wouldn't have thought it would spin quick enough compared to air guns

Sent from your mums iPhone using Tapatalk

Gave it a full charge for a couple of hours earlier this afternoon and still no joy.

Battery impact gun and mole grips always do the job for me when I change dampers. Plenty of wd40 on the threads and wind it on and off a few times don't just try go straight off or it could lock up.

Ordered a new set of mole grips this evening as well so I'll give that approach a go.

I think you will be lucky if you can get mole grips to work, even when clamped down stupidly tight I found the centre kept spinning round. If you know anyone with an air gun or local garage, take the whole struts down and they should whip the nut off with an air gun

Sent from your mums iPhone using Tapatalk