MPG on a VR6 ?

yeh but urs is a bit special lol

my trip is showing 23.8 over the last 3k miles thats mostly 15 mins to and from work every day it bloody guzzles on choke hehe its not unknown to drop below 20 if traffic is bad and/or iv got my diving boots on best i ever got was 40.2 mpg comin back from santa pod with no petrol lmao

About 21-23 mpg around town below 3000rpm. The best I have ever seen was when I was coming back from Bourmouth on sunday when I had my space saver spare wheel on, and could only do "50mph". I done 70mph the whole way home and saw a record 32.9 mpg!

Just done over 1500 miles in the last week. Only 3 points to show for it ;)

From London to Cornwall & back (M4,M5,A30), caining it, 26 mpg. Top speed 140. Points - 3.

From Carlisle to Darlington (A66), now on 9 points & taking it easy, 39 mpg. Top speed <80mph.

From Darlington to London (M1), on 9 points but fighting frustration, 34 mpg. Stuck at around 80-85 (except when the frustration got the better of me!).

If you drive them hard they really do use a remarkable amount of fuel, but if you're gentle with it they are surprisingly frugal.

Great vehicle, but I hope I can make it to November before I get any more points....

I know what you mean about the frustration Kemp ~:( Got myself 6 points September last year after being caught in March doing 95 in a 50 (summons to court 5 months later!) Well, it WAS a quiet dual carriage and I WAS travelling along the flyover section. From the day I was caught I had my eyes glued to the road and rear view mirror but every now and then frustration got the better of me !lol It's worth the wait and patience, another 3 and you put yourself backs for months as you'll no doubt get a ban. What's worse, another 5 months of caution or potentially a year without wheels and perhaps even a re-test! Jail for the worst offenders in some cases &|

I know I know, I'll just have to save my licence, my fuel, and tyres for the Nordschleife ;)

Sounds like you were unlucky mate. The 3 points that will leave my licence in November were for *wait for it* doing 59mph in a 50mph temporary limit, on a dry, deserted M6 in Cumbria at 1.30 in the morning. As I was driving I thought "I can't believe I've slowed down to this speed, considering the conditions". The motorway was so quiet that my lights had been on full beams for 10 minutes, and then I got Gasto'd. The WPC at Kendal police station admitted that it was ridiculous for me to be penalised for this, but said "it's in the system and there's nothing that can be done about it". Not sure if I believe that!