Converting interior switch colours.

Hi all. I've had a nose through and can't find anything, but I'm sure it must have been done.

I've been looking at changing my interior switch colour from green to maybe red or blue. Has anybody changed them there selfs if so is it a bugga to do. How easy is it to open the switches and what do I need to buy. Any help much appreciated.

I have seen a set of mk3.5 switches but as always are scene taxed to high heaven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't blame you. I thought it would be rather rewarding doing a set myself rather than just buying some, however hmmmm.

I might ask this bloke if he wants to do a set for me, obviously paid for his troubles etc.

was thinking about having white as the colour, not sure if that would look to cold if that makes sense. Also the light up needles sound very interesting that he was on about.

Edited by Ashley Carter
  • 2 weeks later...

I've done all my switches.

You can make it abit simpler,

You do not need the resistor if you buy 12v stable 3mm LEDs.

All the resistor does is drop the voltage, so you can use either 3v or 5v LEDs.

Buy 12v LEDs there abit harder to find, but they are for sale. And the resistor is not needed at all.

Then it is just a direct swap for the original leds then.

Edited by c00k

I changed my interior knobs illumination to led white and it looks really good against the OEM green for all the fascias. It modernises it without it feeling sterile.

Have you got any pics buddy. Defo think it's worth doing but as you said it's not straight forward, and no good with fidily stuff

• 2 months later...