where to buy ARP headbolts / victor reinz headgasket? or would genuine items be ok on supercharged vr6?

a genuin gasket will be victor reinz, it will just have VW tax on top of the price

just called vw and price was £211.74 inc vat for 20x headbolts and a headgasket.

i cant see anywhere online on this crap phone that does arp headbolts?? see some on ebay but its only 12x of them where i think there are 20x headbolts if im right??

just wondering if standard genuine goods will handle a stage 2 supercharger??

just called vw and price was £211.74 inc vat for 20x headbolts and a headgasket.

i cant see anywhere online on this crap phone that does arp headbolts?? see some on ebay but its only 12x of them where i think there are 20x headbolts if im right??

just wondering if standard genuine goods will handle a stage 2 supercharger??

If you aren't gonna be taking the head off every month then get a set of elring or febi head bolts from euro car parts for like 25 quid.

Yea that VW tax is massive!

If you aren't gonna be taking the head off every month then get a set of elring or febi head bolts from euro car parts for like 25 quid.

Yea that VW tax is massive!

thats why i wanted ARP for peace of mind!! as i have a stage 2 charger running 10psi.

cant find any links here for arp headbolts on this shitty phone!

• 3 weeks later...

you dont need them running stage 2 , i been running stage 2 on standard internals , only changed cams..the rest all from factory.

why you going spacer gasket for stage 2?

my headgasket has gone dude, so im going to install a decompression plate while i get my head rebuilt.

is it really worth going ARP head bolts or just buying standard headbolts?? price difference is unreal! 

Edited by cpfcvr6

Im in the process of going supercharged. Ns tuning told me not to bother with a spacer plate upto 8 psi and they never fitted one on any of there supercharger conversions and theyve been doing it for over ten years. As for head gasket and bolts dont bother with arp. If you up the

Boost later to 10psi or over - which you cant with a vortech v2 as aparently it over works the charger and will throw its toys out the pram then put a set of arp stud is. As for gasket you can get a victor reinz of ebay or gsf.

Nice bit of kit. Being v1 its got straight cut gears which will make it a little more noisy, not a bad thing as after all id want people to know ive spent money on my car. How much did that set you back?

enough money dude!!

but wondering if i have the head skimmed, would i need a decompression plate for the extra skimming taken off to build it up again surely???