just renewed my car insurance, and its come down a massive £400+. :)

goodbye directline, hello elephant.

total cost of £597.65 (and would of been about £90 less if i wasn't payin it monthly), is now my cheapest ever insurance bill! good price for a 23 year old on a vr6 i think?

so i'm in a good mood today.

it's bloody good! I am paying £800ish and I'm 28 with full NCB!!!! Elephant wanted over a grand for me last time round and that was before i'd declared modifications. just shows how different companies do better deals for different people . well done mate!

it's bloody good! I am paying £800ish and I'm 28 with full NCB!!!! Elephant wanted over a grand for me last time round and that was before i'd declared modifications. just shows how different companies do better deals for different people . well done mate!

I got insured with them (Elephant) last year at 28' date=' insurance was £510 with mods, 7 years no claims, protected no claims, Mrs (to be) on policy. More than happy. I have just renewed this week and also turned 29. Now £490 with 8 years no claims. Not a quiet place I live in either, busy town next to the airport. ;)

[img']vr6oc_files/public/golfvr6011smaller.jpg

[ golfvr6011smaller.jpg ]

bugger!!!! how come every company under the sun apart from Performance Direct wanted over £1k to insure me?!?! I have got a crap Oldham postcode even tho I live in t'hills about 20miles from Oldham arrrrggg

Pete - over £2k?? blimey mate thats dedication

well, i only live 39 miles from the london eye (was boredone night!)

i live in what they call the 'jewel of the thames' who. wouldn't say it was an especially safe place in regards to car theft. all my mates except 1 have had their car stolen/broken into/damaged.

worth remembering that my car is a '93 tho, age can make a fair difference.

oh, if i decide to trade it up for a '97 vento tho, it'll be about £60 less!

[ Edited Thu Mar 25 2004, 06:35PM ]

I said the same thing about it being group 17 but the guy at HIC said the groups had been changed and there was now 50 not 20 and the vr6 was in group 50! sounded bollox to me so I asked greenlight who said different companies use different groupings but most of them use the 20

Anyone got that elephant number?

[ Edited Fri Mar 26 2004, 01:43PM ]