Yet another turbo question! (Apologies)

Hi guys! I've decided to start gathering parts to turbo my VR, going to start with the turbo and build around that. Reading through the posts on here like the DIY turbo build.. And the GT30 or 35 pop up a few times. Along with others like the T3/T4..

Am I right in thinking this..http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141009327195 would be suitable? The price looks decent, but is that cause it poor quality and will blow? I'm looking for 250-300bhp, not keen for changing internals so plan on keeping power lowish. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Cooz93

You can spend from as little as £1200 but around £2500 will be about the average depending how much you would like to spend the more you spend the more reliable it is likely to be should be able to see 350 -450bhp. Could be more if you want to have your engine rebuilt .

So what would be needed if I wanted to go past that? Was thinking 450bhp with a 100 shot of nos. My plan it to start with a engine that requires a rebuild any way and work on that a bit at a time as funds become a available. Over the next12/18 months then one day swap out the standard engine for my fully peppered turbo engine obviously then some finishing to connect bits up and a re-map on the rollers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you guys ever driven a 450whp VR6 Turbo? You know how fast and unpredictable a car like that is?

If so, you know that 450whp is more than enough. And its a easy thing to make the engine ready for it. Just mount a 8.5:1 headspacer on it with ARP bolts. I daily my car with this from 2007-2008. No issues.

No never driven one mate. Prob the only time it will get used to it's full is when I go to santa pod with it. Just want to see the look on some jumped up little kids face in his dads m3 or whatever when I pull up along side him and I leave him standing in my 12 year old standard looking golf!! Lol. :) thinking fit a kit then wind it up until I blow it up then in the mean time start building a second engine in the garage ready to swap it out :)

No never driven one mate. Prob the only time it will get used to it's full is when I go to santa pod with it. Just want to see the look on some jumped up little kids face in his dads m3 or whatever when I pull up along side him and I leave him standing in my 12 year old standard looking golf!! Lol. :) thinking fit a kit then wind it up until I blow it up then in the mean time start building a second engine in the garage ready to swap it out :)

Why dont you build it right first time round instead of "blowing up" a perfectly good engine.

I fully agree with maiden. They are a handful, anything past that gets very expensive as everything needs to uprated or it will be extremely unreliable.

I'm after running around the 400bhp mark when I build mine, will I have reliability problems with that? I fully plan in doing it right first time. I don't want to be blowing my block to pieces lol. It's a 2.9 lump too I hear there stronger than the 2.8 is that right?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Wozner pistons or similar fully balanced arp bolts throughout Not Cheap and a clutch and gearbox that can cope with it all not sure if 4mo gearbox is as strong as an R32

R32 box is weaker. You want to try and find a DRP code 02m as they are the stronger 02m out of them. Get them in 99-00 golf v6 4motions.

• 3 weeks later...