Vr6 engine storage damage.. help?

Alright lads this weekend I got myself a AAA vr6 engine for cheapish but turns out iv paid to much after taking the head off.

I got it not having a clue about condition and took a punt on it. it's been in storage for a unknown amount of time.

Iv now had chance to inspect it, it won't turn over and after getting the head off I can see why, the bores are slightly pitted and it's frozen solid.

Is it worth trying to rescue the engine filling the bores with WD40 or similar ( iv been told coke ) or just write it off. I intend on a full build for the turbo (apart from pistons and rebore) but not sure if I should invest in this with the pitting, would new rings smooth it back out or is there anything els I can go to cure this?

Thanks ladsudusu9yp.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It did the trick :) all free now BUT iv now found this

The engine has clearly taken something onboard but looks as though it had a rebuild but they left the damage.. Is it worth keeping still or with this cause the engine to go BANG with boost

mu2u3use.jpgyse2etu2.jpga4uqy6aj.jpgtequhevu.jpg

Think it might be worth looking for another head, might even look for another engine. I was hoping it could be saved without spending to much but you can pick heads up for £100 and under I'm guessing I'll be talking double that for a skim and fill

My feeling is, if your engine had simply been suffering from prolonged storage you would be OK (the coke trick is worth remembering, good shout). But the issues are starting to mount up, and you have to wonder what sort of life the engine's had, who's fixed it (and to what standard) and why it was put into storage in the first place?

Credit to anyone who mends things instead of replacing them, but I would be tempted to just turn it into a Top Gear-style coffee table.

Yeah I no what your saying and it could be a case if doing this.

I could keep the bottom end and have a rebore and go forged like I was going to do in a few years time but I'm saying the head is shit.

I might keep the bottom ebd have that built and then use the head from the car I'll be buying.

I just think the damage to the head is not worth sorting it looks like it's taken in part of a spark plug BUT was not present when I opened it up so guessing they removed it and ran it like it is.

I don't think it's worth risking £1k worth of pistons and rods for the sake of a new head