VW FESTIVAL LEEDS Sunday 26th JUNE

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there!

Its only about 10miles from where I bought the car from!!

Just got it slammed on FK coilovers on friday so its no longer a scared cat!

Pre-booked my tickets so see you all there.

Where abouts will the stand be? I'll park in the background if there's room...

;)

OK everyone some details for you:

On the day (Sunday 26th June) how does everyone fancy meeting at a pub called 'The Old Peacock'? it's right opposite Elland Road (Leeds United Football Club) you can't miss it. it's the only landmark everyone should be able to find easily, it is well sign posted and it has a nice big carpark.

Please be there for 8-8.30am, we WILL have to leave at about 9ish as we need to get everyone up on to the stand for before 10am.

We can then go in convoy (through a nice bit tunnel!!) to Harewood.

I know some people may be suffering from a hang over from the night before but it will be worth it.

As for the Saturday night (for those of you who are up for a few), I take it most people will be taxi-ing into town.

Ask the driver to take you to 'Fudge Bar'. Its behind 'The Corn Exchange' Now it's going to be busy wherever we meet, so I suggest people try to get there for around 9ish as it wont be so busy around that time.

If anyone has any objections or better ideas please voice them as I've never done anything like this before!

I look forward to seeing everyone at the end of the month for a memorable weekend! (plus I'm going on holiday the next day!! hehehe)

Any questions please P.M me or call my mobile 07793145553

James

As binliner/justin wrote

We planning on travelling up on the Saturday lunch time to stay in Leeds the night before.

Southern lads in Leeds on a saturday night sounds a bit messy to me.

Just to much driving for 1 day.

Plan is to leave colchester around 1pm to get up there for 4.30ish. picking up any others on route

Spoke to a fairly cheap hotel that is

OK everyone some details for you:

On the day (Sunday 26th June) how does everyone fancy meeting at a pub called 'The Old Peacock'? it's right opposite Elland Road (Leeds United Football Club) you can't miss it. it's the only landmark everyone should be able to find easily' date=' it is well sign posted and it has a nice big carpark.

Please be there for 8-8.30am, we WILL have to leave at about 9ish as we need to get everyone up on to the stand for before 10am.

We can then go in convoy (through a nice bit tunnel!!) to Harewood.

I know some people may be suffering from a hang over from the night before but it will be worth it.

As for the Saturday night (for those of you who are up for a few), I take it most people will be taxi-ing into town.

Ask the driver to take you to 'Fudge Bar'. Its behind 'The Corn Exchange' Now it's going to be busy wherever we meet, so I suggest people try to get there for around 9ish as it wont be so busy around that time.

If anyone has any objections or better ideas please voice them as I've never done anything like this before!

I look forward to seeing everyone at the end of the month for a memorable weekend! (plus I'm going on holiday the next day!! hehehe)

Any questions please P.M me or call my mobile 07793145553

James

[/quote']

Jay

Hope you dont mind but i cut and paste this onto the Edition 38 forum as well for anyone who is not here.

Thx

(next time i will ask first) !amazed

mark

!lol !lol

Mark, that sounds wicked, not a problem. That hotel is in the middle of town so please dont get lost in the one way system!!!

Here's the directions from The Golden Lion hotel to The Old Peacock Pub:

Start out at LS1 4AE, Leeds

Turn left onto Sovereign Street

Sovereign Street

Turn left onto Neville Street

Neville Street

At traffic signals turn left onto Great Wilson Street - A653

Guys can some one arrange for me to get the banner after this show as I need it the week after for BVF!

Claire, I've got the banner at the moment, not sure what we can do about getting it to you, do you know anyone who is going from your area?

Guys can some one arrange for me to get the banner after this show as I need it the week after for BVF!

Claire' date=' I've got the banner at the moment, not sure what we can do about getting it to you, do you know anyone who is going from your area?

[/quote']

No one is going to the leeds one from round here and i'm not sure if any one is going to BVF from your way &| .

Jon where abouts are you? I may have to make a trip !dodge

Jon is near Colchester! I might come over to BVF but wont be there all weekend if I do

Bit of a hike then for me just to pop over to his for a banner then lol !shy

Will be great if you can pop along to BVF Justin. I assume you'll be show and shining on the sunday

yeah I might just come over for the sunday or maybe sat night

You know you wanna come on the saturday as well Justin !shy ;) Its a great weekend I wont kid you it aint the best show for cars in the world but it a very' date=' should i say, Social show if you know what I mean ;)

[img']http://shop.bartcity.de/shop/ProdukteBilder/0195855.JPG

:P