VW FESTIVAL LEEDS Sunday 26th JUNE

Hi peeps right fresh our of inters heres the next show were doing

VW FESTIVAL SUNDAY 26th JUNE - LEEDS

We are having a display orgainsed and Jaysvr6 and Minty have kindy offered to organise this one 8)

The Show is at Harewood house - which from the website looks to be a stunning location for the show.

Here is the map for the location

map.gif

Harewood House is at the junction of the A61/A659 on the Leeds/Harrogate road.

I think there will be a night out on he saturday organised by Jaysvr6 so for those of you with a long way to travel if you look on the website at the venue and direction tab there is a shed load of places listed on there for accomondation.

Now with regards to the club display all you have to do is book your ticket in advance

CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR TICKETS

And by doing this your are also saving yourself £2 8)

So come on peeps lets make this a big display I belive Jay/James has organised a few nifty display features for the stand 8)

[ Edited ]

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Message from Jaysvr6

Ok Guys,

This promises to be a lovely weekend with loads to do. If anyone is going to come, I'd really treat it as a weekend away. Leeds has loads to offer and I'm going to try and organise a night out on the Saturday evening, the night life has something to offer for everyone - from Stompin house music to the smoothest of R&B and funk with loads in between.

Harewood house is a beautiful setting and there wil be space for every VW in the UK (if they all happend to turn up!!) I'm in touch with the organiser of this event and he's a really nice guy, if you have any questions just drop me a line.

My advice to anyone if you are going to stay the night is to find somewhere just outside the city center as you wont wanna pay the taxi drivers the extortionate amounts they demand on a Saturday evening. (I'll post details of my recomended B&B's this week) If I can get some firm yes's I may be able to get a deal with a Hotel with great secure parking as I know most of you will prefer this over a decent breakfast!!!

Harewood is a piece of piss to get to from the city center and I'll meet everyone at a landmark on the morning to save anyone getting lost and finding themselves up on t'moor!!

So far as the stand is concerned I would really like to get about 4-5 show cars as a feature for the display, I can borrow some ramps off the MD of a local Skoda dealership. John Chantry (MK2 R32) is a deffo for one of them and I'd quite like Pedrox as one as well (if you're up for it?) and whoever else has a REALLY sorted VR (hint to you as well Justin!!!). The rest of us can park around the ramps as I can probably only get 4-5 ramps if I'm lucky. There is a prize for best stand, so lets give it a go guys.

So, who's up for sun, beer, clubbin and a decent summer show then?

Add your names to the list please and purchase your ticket in advance from the website - www.vwfestival.co.uk to get a discount and be on the stand.

Look forward to seeing a really good turnout

Jaysvr6 (James)

Minty (Mark)

MK2R32 (John)

tommy (tom)

[ Edited ]

[ Edited Mon May 09 2005, 07:34PM ]

• 2 weeks later...

BASTARDS!! ALL OF YOU. I've only got 10 rooms available and only my best friends can stay. Amanda's cooking for everyone and supplying soap, buckets, sponges and polish!!

God she's great isn't she?!!

I also live right by Elland Road where there will be a match with Man U that night and you can all watch it from my personal VIP Box, just before we lay on a coach into town and back. There will also be a maid service in the morning including a full English.

(a personal massage service from Amanda is