Very poor performance.

Guest ady

Help. I have a VW Sharan VR6. Of late it been running as if its only got 4 cylinders. It miss-fires alot and acceleration is very slow. We have also been returning about 19-20 to the gallon, were as before it was between 25-30. I have replace the HT leads and plugs and have run a diagnostic test and it does not come up with anything. However I have been told that it may be the air mass meter which needs replacing. Do these problems sound like they could be being cuased by a faulty air mass meter? Any help would be most appreciated.

The VR ECU does not monitor the MAF. It's only concerned with the connection. The most common MAF error is "Intermittant short to ground". Other than that, it's hard to tell if the MAF is buggered unless you put it on a scope....but if the car is gutless and using a lot of fuel, the ECU is 'guesstimating' the fuelling via the throttle angle sender.

Guest speedy

i am having the same problem on my 94 2.8 vr6 poor acce;eration feels like its holding back where is the mass airflow meter located

cheers for any help

• 1 month later...