October 2013's Car Of The Months (Lukey)

October 2013 car of the month!

Yes we know it's late but we don't decide who is worth till the end of the month.

This month it goes to lukey! He bought his VR6 in August '09 as a project to do up, it was only supposed to be some light repair work here and there but then it snowballed into full bodywork and respray fixing and modifying everything he came across in the process. Bar spraying the paint and clear coat and the wheel refurb he has done everything to the car himself so it really is a home built not bought car.

Here is a quick explanation about the car from the man himself.

Before the VR I had a lot of different new cars either very powerful or very luxury and changed cars a lot, as you can see from my previous cars list, moving out and everything else meant i couldnt spend as much, so I had to sell the Audi and got the VR.

Being used to the comforts and features of these newer cars I have implemented various features to make my old golf feel like a nicer, higher spec car to drive.

Examples are modifying all of the interior lighting and dash / instrument lighting to LED and neon wires for a much more modern feel, comfort turn indicators, white LED sidelights and white HIDs, aero wipers, full ipod integrated stereo, total closure alarm, custom mounted oil pressure gauge, shortened gear shift, momo millenium leather wheel, black headliner with all black handles, visors, interior light and custom body coloured pillar trims and door grab handles.

I have also undertaken any mechanical work myself and by now have probably rebuilt the full car myself, so all its parts are practically new, everything works and it drives like new, it feels much the same as our '56 reg A3.

My future plans for my VR are, when I have a newer daily driver, to turbo or supercharge it and build a rock steady reliable 300bhp toy.

The person behind the car.

Name: Luke Bramley

Forum user name: Lukey

Hobbies: Cars, Films, DIY

Dislikes: People who will argue the sky is yellow

Car questions
First car?: ’98 Flame Red Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 8v

Current car?: ’97 Black Magic VW Golf VR6

Dream car?: Realistic – Late run Edition 30, 8P S3 or an A5 Sline 3.0 TDI 245. Lottery win – Cobalt Blue Aston Martin V8 Vantage S

Other cars owned?: ‘00 Silver Renault Sport Clio, ’05 Silver Honda Civic Sport, ’56 Black Magic Seat Ibiza FR TDI 130, ’07 True Red Mazda 3 MPS, ’57 Performance Blue Focus ST tuned to 300bhp, ’08 Phantom Black Audi A3 Sline 2.0 TDI 170 tuned to 220bhp

What got you into Dubs?: I’ve always liked golfs, I’ve backed out of buying a blue mk5 R32 3 times in the past, I want one so bad but so expensive to keep L

Best feature on your car?: Black headliner, green neon wire dash lighting with white led dash knobs

Future modifications?: I would like to turbo/supercharge it and build a rock solid 300bhp brute, but that will only be when its my toy car and I have another daily.

Favourite other member's car?: lumoxs mk3.5 cabrio, though he seems to have disappeared.

Here is the large list of modifications from the car. With this car in particular it shows that it's all in the details.

17" BBS RC wheels with aeromax polished effect powder coat an Toyo T1R tyres
AP coilovers
Full Powerflex purple bushes
Vibratechnics fast road engine mounts
Partially rebuilt fully cleaned and repainted engine
Jetex non res cat back exhaust
BMC CDA
HEL braided brake hoses
Bonrath power rohr intake pipe
Zender spoiler with integrated hella third brake light
Anniversary black indicators with LED indicators
Rear LED indicators
Fog light delete with colour coded fog covers
Colour coded hells twin headlights
White LED sidelights
White HID dipped lights
White LED rear number plate lights
Colour coded delocked door handles
Colour codes arch extensions
Colour coded shark fin aerial
Colour coded engine cover with red highlighting
Lupo GTI aero wipers
TT metal pedals
New OEM mats
MOMO millennium steering wheel
MOMO race air leather shift knob
Green neon lit dash with white LED switch knobs
Dials with white LED illumination
Colour coded pillar plastics inside door handles and centre console with custom mounted VDO oil pressure gauge
Black headliner with cabrio black grab handles and visors
Satin black painted interior light plastics and A3 centre visor to match
White LED interior lighting
Alpine CD player with full iPod integration
JBL self contained twin 10" sub
Inphase components
Upper and lower glove boxes

Now time for the pictures.

Now my photobucket is being special so I've only got 2 pictures currently. So if anyone has any photos, feel free too upload :)

null_zps4d14243a.jpg

null_zpsb399cc19.jpg

post-90058-0-11580100-1383683467_thumb.j

post-90058-0-58592000-1383683482_thumb.j

post-90058-0-43757500-1383683490_thumb.j

post-90058-0-19873600-1383683540_thumb.j

Congratulations. Well deserved.