Tubular Manifolds

Thats interesting cheers, at least theyve got detailed pics of all angles. what i was really hoping for was someone on here who'd done it before so i could pick their brains

I think Bungy made one for his 4mo dude, may be worth sending him a PM

It will be ceramic coated, not heat wrapped. And ideally the turbo needs to be mounted up, to make sure its not going to foul the prop or 02m transfer box. I'm getting my brother in law (an architect) to autocad me a design to take to the fabricators, but i will most likely make one like that twin scroll, becuase i would like to compare and set the record straight

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Its basically like the paint version of heat wrapping. Everyone ive spoken too swears by it, one vtec lad swears he had his mani and downpipe done, gave it a rag down the motorway and it was cool to the touch. Its mega bucks though

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hi Mate, where were you looking at getting the coating done? Zircoflex do it over here, the guys in the states swear by it and can get it done for peanuts, over here I don't know.

There is a local firm near me and I will get a quote for my schrick and give you an idea, won't be for a few weeks though.

S

• 3 months later...

sorry to resurrect this ,  looking at the pic of the twin scroll using the standard headers,  i was wondering once it has been tacked in place and all is well how to you go about actually welding the whole way around the mani tubes where they cross as its looks like there is little too zero access ..  same with the T3 flange fitment as obviously you have to weld around the tubes but then where they meet in the middle aswell..  but access again looks tighter than tight. excuse my questions just its something i am sure i could do as i have the welding ability just not the know how about making manifolds.  

alright buddy, I'm recreating the manifold your asking about in the next few weeks, i messaged the builder of it asking the same question he replied saying the tacked it all in place to mark up what needs to be where, then split it back apart welded up the 2 90* to make the 180* and cracked on from that point welding the rest up as he went