Swivelonit's MK 4 VR6T 4 Motion

Just get a bolt on charger will actually be the cheapest option in the long run. Should come with a chip if not only heard good things about stealth.

Wouldn't recommend UM software have it on mine and not impressed could just be an exception but am now switching to standalone because so far out.

How are you finding the rsr tyres ?

Edited by AJmk2
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

bbbbbbbbbbbb brembo, its the wierd shiver stutter i get when i say things like cccccccccccc carbon ceramic, sssssssss silicon carbide or aaaaaaaaaaaaa akebono

630cc/min and 60lb/hr are the same thing.   You will need to use them on this, as pretty much everything else doesn't fit. We have off the shelf software for these injectors.   We are currently workin

Most awesome words arranged in a sentence award.

A little update, not been on for a while,  Golf has been out and run a sprint event at Barkston Heath, we did well amongst a field of GT86 Toyotas, M3 and numerous kit things. I have a local guy who can do the mapping too.

Got a bit giddy too, so please don't listen too closely....

As for performance, the turbo project that started nearly a year ago is now booked in and will be done soon, a low boost set up for starters and see how we get on, if all goes well then I will consider spending even more money on it next year, got to be careful though as moving to Yorkshire as I have also changed my job recently.

AJmk2, the RS-R 595 tyres are really good, much better than I expected being that they are half the price of an 888! I have done three track days and one sprint on them, one of which was in the wet, grip was good and when the limit was found a gradual slide was what happened and nothing more.

• 3 months later...

Ok, lets get this thread back on track.  

The turbo is fitted, a low 5psi boost set up and an increase in fuel pressure for now to see how things go. The whole job was done in a week, all intercooler pipes were welded by Russ Fellows and turbo fitting/assistance by Simon Cooper at Central VW.

I have a few bits to change, first is the dump valve, this has to be changed for a plumb back, which I have bought, second it some heat shielding and better ventilation, also the oil cooler still needs fitting.

The thermostat, I want a lower temp opening stat, where would I get one from?

I collected the car on saturday afternoon, put it on the trailer and drove to Blyton Park for the Briskoda annual meet and track day. We had a great day on track, all went well and we had a good power improvement over stock, a clip of us on track below.

Edited by Swivelonit

I hear what you are saying. I am certain we were not too lean.  I agree that a few things need sorting but as a basic starting point everything worked fine.

I plan to keep the car and progress it, not with this engine but an R32 or R36, fully built on the bench and then transplant it into the Golf.

Thanks for your information.

• 2 months later...

After the advise from UM in the above posts I decided to get the Golf mapped, it was done by a guy local to me on the rollers at Ninemeister in Warrington, I dropped the car off with him on the Friday and collected it the following Wednesday with all the fault codes removed for the bits of car that are no longer on the car, SAI for example.

We are running a simple set up, boost is at 7psi and the map has been installed, we have a decent 285bhp at the wheels, which I am quite happy with for the money I have spent, next year might see the head spacer and larger injectors fitted to see what power we get, this will probably lead to a different turbo and forged rods and pistons!

This project is purely a hobby and a bit of fun, I have no intention of getting into serious power if the extra power needs upgrades to the transmission, clutch etc   

The car is only for doing half a dozen track days per year and for me to moth about with on a weekend, below is a clip on the rollers with Wayne and me on the drive after fitting the oil cooler, topping up the coolant, checking pipes for leaks and putting the front end back together.

At The Rollers

On The Drive

So when do you think your next trackday will be?

I'm thinking next year, but if this weather holds out I might sneak another in

Friday 7th November, I am at Oulton Park for the Open Track event, looks like it will be wet  :o , all that extra power I might even the get the big heavy lump to drift  ;)  if I am lucky.

There are a few of us going, some of the lads with rally cars and another guy from Gloucester with a quick Octavia, so should be a good season closer.

Hi hope the build is all good! You mentioned r36? Seen that in mk3's.... Wow!

Have you ever thought of going to Nurburgring? That's an awesome track!!!

R36 would be the ideal engine for the next step but I am hoping Shawy will sell me an AUE he has spare, this will be stripped, rods, pistons, some head work, cams and injectors, not the usual 630cc things, I am going for Asnu 450cc as these have the best atomisation I have seen and will be more than adequate for what I want, power will be kept to circa 400 bhp running a lower boost than most in conjunction with a thinner head spacer, this will keep the drivability of the car and reduce lag, with the current set up the turbo only gives a little more power and a very smooth delivery of power, first run out in anger at Oulton park last Friday and I was happy with the set up so far apart from the waste gate is too sever and small blip is felt when it opens, this will be replaced with a Tial turbo smart external waste gate to try and give a more subtle release of boost.

As for the ring, my idea is to drive every circuit in the UK before I venture to Europe, so at this moment in time the ring will have to wait. No doubt it is awesome, it is very long too with a lot of other cars on there all with varying driver talent levels as you see when you search for it on youtube  :o

Sounds like a good plan with the engine, they sound amazing as well. Definately do another thread won't you? And show turbo bits etc :)

With your wastegate... Was it a slight loss in power you mean? I had a bov on my old vrt and between gears it had big hesitant in power but changed to external wastegate and had no lag between gears after that.

Yeh lots of different people on the track, some shouldn't be aloud on there! As you might have found out on the tracks you've been on? I thrashed my 535d round there :D

It's too busy now and full of idiots who overtake anywhere, usually Brits unfortunately.

Most of the regulars who know how to conduct themselves now just do track days at the ring as it is safer and more controlled.

I wouldn't do tourist laps ever again in a car I own, but would happily pay £500 fir a track day there