Am I expecting too much on a swap?.

Well guys and girls, I've been looking for a Sharan VR6 or V6 and I have to say that there is next to nothing available.

My Passat is a 2005 B5.5 1.9 PD TDI estate. It has 127k. Full S/H.

There are 3 V6 Sharans that I've been looking at.

1) 91k at £1,790 in London.

2) 105k at £1,350 in London.

3) 98k at £1,990 in Bedford.

I've been to look at number 3 a few weeks ago. Rang the boss up and asked him if he'd take my Passat and do a strait swap with some tax and fuel. He asked what my Passat was and after telling him that it was an 05 facelift model, he agreed to see it.

So, I went down, cold reception, asked to have a look.

After the Sharan was jump started, I listened to the engine..... Was very nice. No clunks, loud cams/followers ect.

He asked to check out the passat and I took him to it. Immediately, he told me I told him I had not told him the correct year and that he couldn't do a swap. He then went on the phone to his P/x guy. He then said he could only give me 1400 for mine.

After laughing (yes, bad manors on my part), I told him to forget it. He asked why. I told him that my car would resell at anywhere from 3000 to 3900 all day long. I had done my research.

So I got into my car and reversed off to look back and see him waving at me to stop. He came over and said he could do the swap.

I took her for a test drive after being assured there was enough fuel for it. Pulled hard, stuttered with fuel starvation, brakes didn't work properly because it had sat for ages. Fronts were actually metal on metal. All of the front joints/bushes were in dire need of replacing as we're the tyres.

So when I got back and after he took my car for a test drive with no issues, smoke or knocks. He began pointing out dashboard vibrations (a loose CD in the glovebox), knocks from the front end (new front control arms all round a week before and not felt since I replaced them).

We went into his porta cabin to discuss the deal. I pointed out that the front end needed sorting, new pads and discs all round (they were all dead) and new tyres with a front N/S sill needing attention.

The deal was my for my car, I would want the sharan with 6 or 12 months tax, a full tank of fuel and I would sort the car pairs out at my own expense. I though that was reasonable.

He flat out refused all of that and declared there was no leeway. Strait swap or nothing.

WAKE UP GUYS lol.

Do any of you think I am expecting too much?

I'm also asking for anyone that would like to, to keep an eye out for any Sharans that pop up.

Cheers guys, it was a rant but I needed to ask too.

Nah not to much. Call him back if he still has it next week then alter your end and have parts thrown in by him. Then if a No. Wait another week then parts fitted by him. Then another week cash your way...

Good luck and I will keep my eyes open. Ps. Ford was vr6. Just change the badges. Lol

Yeah.

I thought that too.

I did look at the Galaxy V6 and would have had one tomorrow at 68k, unfortunately the sodding galaxy has 7 seats and only 5 3 point seatbelts. Talk about stupid design.

The Sharan has 7 seats all with 3 point seatbelts, so I'm back into that limited waiting game again.