Hi all, just lowerved my car today by a inch drop with set of Eibach springs. The ride was really harsh and I am beginning to regret it. Must say I felt a bit car-sick. Will keep that on for a week or not to see if I can get use to it.

The wheels also keep pulling to the left hand side and the steering wheel is not dead centered with the wheels pointing straight. Must I do a wheel alignment. Appreciate any advise out there. Cheers!!

Yes bud - you'll definitely need 4 wheel alignment, for a start your camber will be completely out. I just had mine done for £45.

Dont forget that when you lower a car it will tend to find any camber and follow it anyway.... Mine really low at the front and on country roads you can feel it....

Thanks M8!! It was a bit of a letdown after having patiently waited for the spring fitting. The floaty feeling is gone but when its gone you should of missed it!! Especially when you can't avoid those damn potholes...

Will now have to go for a wheel alignment. The quest never ends... Sometimes I wished I haven't started at all. Less painful for the pockets.

evereyone has different tastes....susp is a compromise. 99.9% of people feel the vr6 is compromised towards comfort too much as o.e., but sonds like you've compromised it too far towards the handling side of things now...for you.

only thing woudl be to get softer springs, only ones i can think of are gmax...but i fear you may still find it harsh.

my sugestion would be to go back to standard susp...then add some uprated anti roll cars. they will barely effect ride quality.

I had the OE bumpstops cut off by about 2 cm. Having driven it today, got a little used to the harder ride. Feeling better.

Just an update, this morning sent the car to Kwikfit to align the wheels. WIth the car hoised up, the mechanics couldn't loosen the track rod. Seems to have siezed up. I will be getting them replaced and redo the alignment. Fingers crossed...sighed

I had gmax shocks and springs fitted to mine last weekend... i chose this setup as i do a lot of motorway miles and comfort was a big factor in my choice, i've gotta say that if you are looking for a ride that's low and comfortable this setup is spot on. It's more comfortable than standard shocks and springs and gmax have cut out the kinda 'wallowing' you get mid corner on the standard setup.

They are soft like standard but yet they are hard as you like when you want / need them to be (when compressed i spose), i'd recommend them to anyone and am well chuffed with the decision, my new wheels are going on tomorrow morning with camber and tracking getting sorted at the same time so i'll get some photos this weekend for those who are interested in what a vr dropped 35 onto TT competitions looks like... :)

I bought a brand new gmax full suspension kit for my last VR6 which lowered it 35mm. I thought it was generally a good kit - not as stiff as what i run now, but more compliant and definitely a 100% better than standard as it handled like the QE2!!