Hi all, this topics probably been talked about a million times but i thought id ask any way :)

I want to convert my mk3 vr to 4wd whats the best way to go about it? and what bits off what ie transfer box gearbox axle etc etc

Thanks Rich

Get hold of a mk3 syncro setup would he easier, but probably rather expensive, also have to completely modify the boot floor etc.

Or depending how much they are and how many are left, out all of you're stuff into a syncro so its already done :D

• 3 months later...

I'm planning this also at some point but I have stared at my tunnel dozens of times and wonder how the feck a prop is going to fit down there with the 3" exhaust?!! Notice Paul had the front of the tunnel at the bulkhead widened on Tony's car, is that right?

I'm planning this also at some point but I have stared at my tunnel dozens of times and wonder how the feck a prop is going to fit down there with the 3" exhaust?!! Notice Paul had the front of the tunnel at the bulkhead widened on Tony's car' date=' is that right?

[/quote']

3" Exhaust and a propshaft fit just fine in a mk3 tunnel. There is NO need to mess with it at all.

The last exhaust I made to go in a MK3 4x4 tunnel was 4" and that only needed a little massaging.

Just the rear end on the MK3 shell needs changing, let me know when you do this as I have brand new panels to do this....

I'm planning this also at some point but I have stared at my tunnel dozens of times and wonder how the feck a prop is going to fit down there with the 3" exhaust?!! Notice Paul had the front of the tunnel at the bulkhead widened on Tony's car' date=' is that right?

[/quote']

that is right I had a MK4 tunnel put in and the bulk head cut to allow a 3" down pipe .... we only done this as i had a complete mk4 4mo to play with as UM said don`t need to do it as seen a few mk3s with a prop and 3" exhaust in the mk3 tunnel .....

Cheers Matt' date=' i'll talk to you about those panels. Will have a car over your way this weekend to collect if you're home?

[/quote']

I just text you regards the panels.

what do u mean by panels and if VIW28 takes them could you post some pictures so i could fabricate a pair my self

cheers

You wont be able to fabricate what I am talking about.

• 1 year later...

been debaiting this conversion for a while now  , for a mk2 rabbit truck. got given a cheap 944 tranny but shit dont add up if your following. Everyone says that this tranny will only hold 200 mayb 250bhp from mr fly, anybody know which setup would entertain the VRT without limiting me when towing/off roading ?