Oil in water. Water in oil!! Help

A few weeks ago my belt tensioner seised and shreded the belt I had to drive it a bit and cooked the engine.

I ended up having to replace head and gasket ect

But then after when all should have been good I got loads of cream in the header tank shed loads so I cleaned out and flushed with all kinds of stuff and ended up with clear water. After driving for another 20 to 30 miles I now have oil that looks like white coffee and oil in the water again!!!! Agggh

So today I've taken the head off and even though it's supposed to be fine im getting it skimmed and another head gasket set and bolts but some one said the oil cooler may be broken!! Guys do you know or should I roll the car over a cliff somewhere?

Been told the oil cooler could be broken and did find a bit of rubber gasket coming out one of the water ways!!

Is this my problem and have I removed the head for no reason??

Week confused and running out of money fast!!

I'd always have a head skimmed if the engine got over temp, also the head maybe cracked somewhere which would need testing to eliminate. Did you torque the bolts correctly? And clean the mating faces properly?

Head is being skimmed and I'm getting all new bolts gaskets and an oil cooler.

I'm sure I got the bolt sequence right and I read the torque settings were. 35. 45. 90 degrees. 90 degrees.

When I removed the head again the middle row of bolts squeezed and cracked as I moved them but the inlet and outlet sides didn't feel half as tight???

Also local machanic said the head gasket didn't look as squashed as he would have expected!!??

cant reuse stretch bolts as once the bolt has stretched the metal of the bolt has also stretched. defo get it pressure tested as youve covered most of the oil and water related bits . couldnt it be the water jacket on main block that is leaking or cracked thats letting water and oil mix?

saw where it had happened on a daihatsu i owned previously

• 1 month later...

Had the head pressure tested cold and hot and its fine!!

this makes me think that the block must have a fault somewhere or the new oil cooler i purchased may be a dud!! either way ive got to get more head bolts and another head gasket.

im going to try and bypass the oil cooler to eliminate that from the question!

do any of you know of a good water treatment? ive had irontight mentioned and also steel seal ive been promissed is amazing!

any other ideas as i really need the car working now! its been broken for almost 4 months!!!

cheers guys

Yeah ok thanks lads!! Going to get my bolt set and gasket later and for now bypass the cooler!

I also need a part if anyone has one? The breather of the head that connects to the plastic air intake pipe has broken after being moved around so much!! Anyone got one? Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Ok this engine is dead!! Case must be cracked as loosing all oil in to water and it's now bursting hoses lol

I've been and got another engine which I believe is ok but this engine is slightly different!! The cam cover is aluminium not plastic like mine. Also the exhaust manifolds have a metal hose that connects them and then seems to go to somewhere??? My car does not have this!!! What is it?