New Forum Layout - Feedback / Problems / Questions

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little note, the img icon for the VR6OC at the top of the page, on the left bank of cylinders, where the piston rings are, its slightly warped? as in the top of the piston isnt in line with the bottom, (on the left of the piston anyway) not sure if that makes sense?? just something that caught my eye anyway..

Just a little note' date=' the img icon for the VR6OC at the top of the page, on the left bank of cylinders, where the piston rings are, its slightly warped? as in the top of the piston isnt in line with the bottom, (on the left of the piston anyway) not sure if that makes sense?? just something that caught my eye anyway..

[/quote']

Well spotted, also on further inspection the gudgeon pins must have play in them as the holes in the piston crowns do not line up with the con rods, or the line of the other 2 pistons behind.

Maybe its time for a new forged bottom end? LOL

Any chance of doing something with he quote button.. not just me but everyone keeps quoting the post above what they are meant to' date=' and I think including you Pete, in the fuel pressure reg thread that's currently on.

[/quote']

Russ - I've made some changes to the style sheet- hopefully your eye will focus on the right forum topic now :)

let me know what you think....

this is currently only active on the desktop version of the website currently....

That looks much better to me, just the border lines underneath are enough to point out which reply they are for..

I think the only thing that isn't perfect, but can't do nothing about is that the pictures in the sigs separate the quote bit from the reply.. but do feel free to ignore me as a have terrible OCD and if something doesn't look even slightly right it bugs me like you wouldn't believe. lol

But yes, what you've done is much easier on the eye, especially to me :)

good - yeah totally agree, the border was always wrong - it was on my list of things to sort, but nothing like a poke from the users to prompt me to fix it sooner :)

not quite sure i understand what you mean about the sigs seperating the quote bit from the reply? feel free to expand further :) nothing is impossible :)

Also just been flicking through the newest joined member, and going back to a few days ago.. I can't believe how many members are spam from China! Bloody loads of them with the odd one or two genuine members mixed in. Only went back through the new members for 4 or 5 days and most are spam.. bit annoying that they feel the need to have to spam like that.

good - yeah totally agree' date=' the border was always wrong - it was on my list of things to sort, but nothing like a poke from the users to prompt me to fix it sooner :)

not quite sure i understand what you mean about the sigs seperating the quote bit from the reply? feel free to expand further :) nothing is impossible :)

[/quote']

May as well make use of this function ;)

My description was a bit dodgy... But I what I mean (with example) is look at my reply, and with no Sig the quote/PM etc buttons are directly under my reply, yours isn't a good example, but go back 1 page and find someone with a pic in their Sig, (especially with writting too) and its a little tricky to pick out the quore/PM buttons in the middle of the Sig pic, and avatar pic of the next reply.

Don't know if this makes any sense :S but to put it simply, the quore/PM buttons would be good to have above the Sig, so its there straight after a post is read.

Although as I say, its more likely going to be me thinking its cluttered, even though its not :D

Looking back at previous page, its Helens Sig that confuses me, just because so much going on and eyes can't find the quote button without me getting stressed haha

Also just been flicking through the newest joined member' date=' and going back to a few days ago.. I can't believe how many members are spam from China! Bloody loads of them with the odd one or two genuine members mixed in. Only went back through the new members for 4 or 5 days and most are spam.. bit annoying that they feel the need to have to spam like that.

[/quote']

not alot i can do with the spam - apart from getting really aggressive and blocking specific IP ranges - it does mean that some legitimate users may not be able to get on !! so its just finding a balance...

We do however have things in place that prevent signatures showing until the user has made 50 posts.... alot of the spam is done in the forum signature box....

Theres other things I can do like enable eCaptcha for every user log-in, but that quickly gets annoying :)

We do have tools in place, but alot of the time, its literally a case of identying them, and banning them individually...

Pete

• 10 months later...

Also just been flicking through the newest joined member' date=' and going back to a few days ago.. I can't believe how many members are spam from China! Bloody loads of them with the odd one or two genuine members mixed in. Only went back through the new members for 4 or 5 days and most are spam.. bit annoying that they feel the need to have to spam like that.

[/quote']

not alot i can do with the spam - apart from getting really aggressive and blocking specific IP ranges - it does mean that some legitimate users may not be able to get on !! so its just finding a balance...

We do however have things in place that prevent signatures showing until the user has made 50 posts.... alot of the spam is done in the forum signature box....

Theres other things I can do like enable eCaptcha for every user log-in, but that quickly gets annoying :)

We do have tools in place, but alot of the time, its literally a case of identying them, and banning them individually...

Pete

You should now only see genuine users, all spam bots from china have been removed and any atempts to reach this site from china will are now blocked with additional checks performed during Signup to validate you are infact a real person.

Think the way to get to the personal messaging section could be made easier to fine' date=' perhaps its own option on the top row of menus? Took me ages to realise it was on the home page!

[/quote']

I've now coded most of the user bar feature, still a couple of bugs remain but will add the PM functions as soon as I get the chance next week with a shiny new notification method!

Hope it makes logging in / out etc easier now.

• 1 month later...

I'm having trouble with finding my posts, any search results and sub forums from the home/any page - there don't seem to be enough options to find your way around - but it's been like this for a while.

Anyway, here's the vid I was going to put up in the right category but couldn't find it

Still using Vista, which is probably my own fault, and Chrome, and I'm getting old.

Best wishes tho, I've had data loss, not nice.

I'm having trouble with finding my posts' date=' any search results and sub forums from the home/any page - there don't seem to be enough options to find your way around - but it's been like this for a while.

Anyway, here's the vid I was going to put up in the right category but couldn't find it

Still using Vista, which is probably my own fault, and Chrome, and I'm getting old.

Best wishes tho, I've had data loss, not nice.

[/quote']

Hi mate.

Thanks for the feedback buddy. You can access your forum posts under the menu Forum > Your Posts

This previously was broke but I've fixed this now :)

Google Chrome should be fine, really IE 8 or above, chrome, Firefox or safari is ok.

What sort of options are you looking for? Sub forums are all on the forum front page with important forum posts, and latest forum posts....

What issues are you having with search?

Cheers

Pete