New Forum Layout - Feedback / Problems / Questions

As you have probably noticed, the forum has had some tweaks...

Please feel free to provide some constructive feedback on things you like, dislike etc...

It's a fluid layout, so will resize what ever your screen resolution / screensize / device is... so is optimised what ever you use....

It has a clean layout that is touchscreen friendly hency why things look a littler larger than before...

Still need to tweak menu navigation, the logo and add a drop down to display the inbox / outbox / send message links oat the top of the page...

Below is an example of how forum images will eventually display (click image)...

{e_IMAGE}logo_template_large.png

anyway, please feel free to provice some useful feedback, or post any issues you have, please dont say "i dont like it" :) its not constructive :)

Cheers

Pete

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i click on HOME it takes me back to old style site' date=' but if i click on FORUM HOME then it stays on this style.

Im confused

[/quote']

hi mate, this is because ive only selected the pages within the forum to use the new theme at the moment... some pages on the site still use the original theme as I've not yet finalised the layout for the front page yet :) this will follow over the next week...

Only a small silly thing, and might be just because I'm on mobile... on the new posts bit (which is working perfect) I like the fact that the posts don't clear after you've clicked on them, but I can't see the difference between new posts, and ones I've already read. Is it simple to alter the colour or font on hyperlinks that have already been clicked on? maybe keep the same colour/font but in italics or something.

I keep clicking on the same post thinking its another reply that's all.

The new site is lovely crisp and clear on my ipad, havent had a chance to look at on laptop yet but would expect similar format..

Still finding mobile (iphone) ver cluttered and hard to navigate whereas before it was much clearer and simple which really is whats needed for phones?? Perhaps the information / headers and avatars for peoples profiles could be either shortened or on a drop down?

Overall, 8/10! For mobile and 10/10 on main! :)

A small thing but there is nothing to differentiate between the staff and everyone else. People need to know who we are really' date=' as in the mods/admin

[/quote']

good point.... i'll add these back in later :)

added... will tidy it up later though... want to shrink the area down where the avatar etc... is located..

Not sure about the new style....suppose it's just because it's new and not used to it........

What happened to the list of top posters' date=' that was a cool item was fun to view.

[/quote']

Forum stats are at the bottom, which include top posters

Go on then...where are they????? which little bit are they hidden in cos I'm being blind and can't see them...