Round 2.... project mk2 vr6

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks lumoxs I can't wait to get it finished but I'm also trying not to cut corners.

I intend coating underneath the car later with waxoil. And to cover up the bare metal on the chassis :/

I'll do a search later for your build thread. :)

• 3 weeks later...

right i havent taken any pictures as i get too carried away sorting bits and bobs out, but i shall go out tomorrow and take some updated pictures :)

the engine came on friday, thanks once again to stig and michael5556, i managed to get a mk3 vr subframe with engine mounts and roll bar for £40 :D so i fitted the mk2 steering rack with the poly bush to the subframe and got that all fixed into place then cut the rear tabs off and hammerited them.

i have had a change of mind about the colour of the bay and decided to go creme.

few bits i need are set of clocks and cable change gear selectors.

i wont be putting it under the car, itll be going inside the car as im going motorsport/oem+. dont suppose you got the spare loom for the clocks with your obd2, unless i have it i havent really looked at the loom yet dunno where to start haha

haha just standard shifter at the minute till i have more funds, haha the crack pipe lol i took it off so i can paint the block and then put it on the sink to clean it up completely forgot that it was in the and lobbed some bits and bobs in there then thought s**t grabbed it and the pipe for the oil cooler has snapped off :( i may be able to repair it at work as we have some 'special glue' that we use for the vanes in plane turbines :)

right heres the loom ive been scratching my head over, a few questions regarding a few plugs and wires etc. its obd1 dizzy, and i have sort of worked out what a few of them are without any issue ill post what plugs i think they are then what plugs i think go in there then tell me if im right or wrong :)

.DSCF1396.jpg

what goes in the above plug im guessing its the speedo plug? but which plug goes in there i dont know

DSCF1395.jpg

the plug on the dizzy again sort of an idea what plug goes in there but not 100%

DSCF1393.jpg

a plug on the starter motor i know what the single pin is and what goes in there but no idea what goes in the one behind it

DSCF1378.jpg

what plug goes in here, i found one that fits but its not the only one.

DSCF1377.jpg

plug on the throttle body a few fit this too

DSCF1376.jpg

the plug on the manifold again couple that fit :/

DSCF1374.jpg

i know this is just incase you go to the US of A and need to use the sensor but not sure if the plug has been cut or not

right the main loom frome fuse box

i have these wires

DSCF1371.jpg

that then go to these wires

DSCF1370.jpg

this wire looks like some sort of live feed

DSCF1368.jpg

DSCF1367.jpg

this which again looks like some sort of battery feed or starter/ alternator wire

no heres where i get really confused

theres this one

DSCF1366.jpg

these which i know are crank sensors and knock sensors and reversing light.

DSCF1365.jpg

im presuming lambda sensor

DSCF1364.jpg

this looks like it could go to the coil pack

DSCF1362.jpg

this i dont know either im guessing brake resivoir plug?

DSCF1360.jpg

these i dont know either

DSCF1358.jpg

isv plug?

DSCF1384.jpg

another plug one similar on the main loom

DSCF1390.jpg

not sure on this

DSCF1389.jpg

any of these three, i think the middle one goes to the dizzy plug

DSCF1383.jpg

i think this is it, all help appreciated just dont want to blow anthink up :(

all the ones one your engine should be on the engine loom mate. after the big round plug. the big red one with black strip goes into the starter motor single plug. it was like this when i bouht the car. the second one of loom is for brake resevoir and i have the other end somewhere.

next... you are correct as they are all fo the sensors.

I am 99% sure that on is for the lambda sensor.

The next one does go to the block that the ht lead comes off for the dizzy if that makes sense. next one is for the abs loom to plug into that so you dont need it.

next... i know the white one is for the wiper motor.

99% sure that is the isv plug unles its on the main engine loom.

last picture i think the mddle one does go into the dizzy.

hope that helps a bit. it wont blow up lol it will just not fire up lol

no i know which plug that is, its in one of the pics a little grey connection with no pins in side it, normally theres a plug but it does nothing i didnt know if you had cut it off if not then ill look which one it is but if yu have cut it then its one less plug to have to worry about.

right sorry i havent posted many pictures but heres where im at for now.

DSCF1399.jpg

whats left to do, paint the rest of the bay, fit new antiroll bar drop links, wait for the rest of the stuff exhaust ecu etc, then source gear linkage coolant bottle, and brake fluid reservoir.

then fininsh off the wiring and then plub everything in and see if it fires :/

i didnt dent the chassis leg as theres loads of room and theres hardly any movement in the engine after my and my mate rocked it back and forth the pulley was no where near to hitting.

got to fit the back box, then its on to polishing the porsche cookie cutters i have, unless anyone has access to a sandblaster or knows how to remove powder coating.??

• 1 month later...

Wow yh been a while since I have updated this.

The engine is in and works and pulls very well, the Octavia Vrs was not expecting me to still be in his boot at 120 lol.

Then because it is slammed so much it caught cats eyes. I cracked the sump on a man hole cover. :( so I'm gonna make some engine spacers and see if that helps as I can't afford r32 sump set up yet.

But I shall get pictures tomorrow I promise. I just need to decide on wether I keep the cookie cutters or buy 928s. The interior I'm thinking corrado heated leather. :)

Oh and god it sounds immense and pops on downshifts lol

• 2 weeks later...

right here some pictures to keep you interested, im currently putting tyres onto my cookie cutters as the bbs ra are too small and i scrape the sump everywhere so i made two 20mm spacers up at work to raise the engine so i can remain pretty much on the floor.

this is a 17mm socket and yes the sump was this low too :/

31247bc7.jpg

during spraying the engine covers satin black just a cheeky little one

31d41f49.jpg

a quick taster of where the wheels sit inline with the arches and those are g60 arches, might have to get my camber on :D

5d664c89.jpg

i love playing hide and seek with a hard looking monster, i really do feel sorry for anything that is looking at it head on IE an ant or a snail.

670a6b3a.jpg

how the bay looks at the minute i would still like it cleaner, not so much smooth just clean everything where it should be.

d50cbb7f.jpg

a video of the sump with cold oil yes fresh new oil cold a few days after the snow (a picture of the snow man later ) hope this works :)

th_b9d96447.jpg

the snow man(for those that have trouble with eye sight its the big white thing on the left, the one on the right is the misses :) )

590ba685.jpg

he then had a sad slow death 2 days later

62da63c4.jpg

and the new addition to the family

6a1bd2aa.jpg

next on the list is rado interior then replace every single bush with a poly bush and then supercharge and obd2 it :)