Round 2.... project mk2 vr6

Right here goes, my first taste of vr6 power was when i decided to convert my 8v mk3 gti to a vr. that was it the bug had well and truly bitten, i was hooked. i then ran around in the vr6 untill it came to prepping for its mot after the long spell of snow we had last year and well the salt had eaten through the floor and on jacking the car up enough was enough the jack was visible inside the car :/

i wish i had kept it and got it all welded up but at the time funds were short and i had lost my patience and just got rid.

P06-01-10_122201.jpg

so i started browsing the web for a new ride and at the time pvw came out with the black mk2 golf vr6 s/c from america, i thought i love it i want one in fact i needed one so as soon as i found a 1991 mk2 golf big bumper on ebay that was a short trip down the road a deal was done and i picked it up.

it has 160k on the clock, no service history and the headlining was sagging. however the chassis and sills etc were solid no rust at all just the odd scab at the bottom of the drivers door and a small amount on the boot. i thought to myself a good base for a vr lump even the later ce2 fusebox. so here it is on my drive the morning after i got it.

DSCF0436.jpg

DSCF0437.jpg

i then gave it a service to get me to work and back everyday,

next up was to ditch those mismatch headlights and those silly looking crystal rear lights, then i brought some vr6 coilovers and top mounts in preperation for its later transformation. i fitted single light grille and smoked rear lights and gave it a dam good wash. and some g60 front arches

this is the mk2 at vw festival 2011 (highly recommended)

before setting off

DSCF1146.jpg

on route

DSCF1161.jpg

DSCF1162.jpg

DSCF1163.jpg

finally there and parked or beached on the grass and setting up camp

DSCF1168.jpg

DSCF1265.jpg

DSCF1266.jpg

heres a few fancy ones after the festival

DSCF1328.jpg

DSCF1334.jpg

and heres the most up to date pics the 1.8 8v engine is getting tired and lost compression so i think its time for vr6 power

the strip down which i did over a few days altogther.

DSCF1335.jpg

DSCF1339.jpg

DSCF1337.jpg

DSCF1338.jpg

DSCF1340.jpg

DSCF1341.jpg

next on the list is to:

find my wire brush attatchment and attack the bay ready for a lick of paint,

purchased a passat pedal box for £60

rado master cyclinder for £20.

need mk3 subframe and roll bar

need polybushes

need decat pipe

mk2 vr6 mount (i refuse to pay for a vibratechnics one)

need samcos

anyone on here supercharged an obd1 vr6 before?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks man, yh i did want a corrado but mk2s are basically the same but weigh less so best of both worlds, cant wait to feel vr power again it should be good. itll be supercharged eventually just a matter of time as theres no set end date for it.

yh im just trying to find my username and password as someone else has recently asked and he normally does them in batches. however if you could either make a drawing of the one you have i could make one at work for nothing :)

not really done much over the past few days due to man flu and putting my back out removing a tree stump.

brought some powerflex bushes gave the bay a coat of zinc primer just to keep the rust at bay for now. will try and get some pictures tomorrow.

if anyone has a decat pipe for cheap and theyll happily post then let me know :)

We managed to get through it but it was holding in by a couple of roots so I decided to pull it. (good idea at the time) then I felt a crack in my back. Damn owning your own house if everything weren't so expensive I would have got someone in lol.

right got quite a small amount done today.

subframe and wishbones are off and cleaned up and painted

DSCF1344.jpg

DSCF1350.jpg

DSCF1351.jpg

the bay was given another once over and started to paint it black again but ran out of paint

DSCF1343.jpg

DSCF1348.jpg

now its dark i decided to wrap my steering wheel

DSCF1345.jpg

DSCF1346.jpg

i have a pedal box which is a passat item, and corrado vr6 clutch master cylinder. what brake master cylinder has everyone used ?

im thinking i will go big on brakes and get some 312mm and get the holes welded at work then re drill them 4x100.has anyone fitted 312mm behind g60 steels?

yh just been reading up on 312mm and im gonna use some 288 and re drill them at work. as i want some banded g60 steels.

i cant wait to get your engine in there lol when my pedal box arrives ill do a mock fit with the mk2 master cylinder. im gonna pick a subframe up from my local breakers and try and pinch the mounts too :) and the resi tank.

You need 17s really pal for 312's. Apparently you can use the mk3 resivor on the mk2 master cylinder.

Lookin good though. My engine is good look sweet in there :)

Nah you don't. I ran 15" with 312's.. You just need the right wheels ;)

I ran mk3 master cylinder on my mk2 when I did my conversion, also my mk3 wide track, fuel tank and exhaust :)