might add, im sure craigs shrick wasnt mapped ... although maping a car may not add alot of bhp / trq , it will sort out the mess of a curve / driveablilty that just slapping parts on leaves.. this and the 3.68 fd , will have helped pete ..

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I've got a Jetex 2.75 inch cat back exhaust on my other VR would this release any extra power being a quarter inch bigger? What else if anything can I do to get the extra power without F/I oh and an expensive Shrick Inlet......

Is that a complete Jetex exhaust or made up from their custom parts? How many silencers? What's the noise like?

2.75" is a popular upgrade for R32s because of the flow but not really necessary on a 12V. 2.5" is plenty. Any gains you get from increased exhaust diameter (in n'asp applications) are only at wide open throttle approaching max rpm, so it's only a top end gain thing really.

Completely agree with Pete. The shorter final drive is what makes a 12V come alive and completely disagree with Jim about it being a 'fool's upgrade'. I got 27mpg overall mpg from my VRT with a 3.68 final drive. So hardly affects mpg and I got 150 out of it, so hardly shy at the top end. I know of several VR6 owners who struggle to get 27mpg from their standard VR6s with the standard 3.39 final!!

As for Stealth, I will speak to Vince and get the other side of the story. Tattle tales about VW tuners on forums are always one sided in my experience.

Kev, i said its a fools upgrade in as much as if it ain't broke don't fix it .

don was asking what else he could do, which to be fair , isnt alot unless he spends a fair bit of money. the labour charges and sourcing of the part for the final drive , dont really make it a simple upgrade thats cost effective ..

if the clutch was going or gone then fair enough , whilst its all out and off then do it.

the 150mph was that gps'd or speedo reading ? as i only got 159.9 gps'd over a standing mile , and tbh i think it was more or less maxed .

Is that a complete Jetex exhaust or made up from their custom parts? How many silencers? What's the noise like?

It is a complete Jetex system, there are hmmmm Now I'm struggling to remember how many silencers there are, I'd like to say 2, but for some reason I think it may be 3. The noise is sweeet, lovely grumble on tick over and a nice growl on chat...... not offensive at all, just very nice. Cruising at 60 - 70 isn't painful on your ears either.......

Gosh Guys....didn't think my N/A car would cause such a stir and have such interest.....a charged car maybe, but my motor??

I can't claim any credit for any of the mods, but I will say it drives great and would HIGHLY recommend the mods to any and all...