I dont think things can get any worse..........

Yeah changed the leads and removed the power boost valve but it just dont seem right. The occasional blue smoke got my head thinking as well- i think its down to too many doobies and paranoia lol

lol :) I agree with the doobies mate!

I think the only way yo put your mind at rest is to get it RR'ed again and have a CO2 test again :)

Pete

even a brand new car won't have all the cylinders exactly the same....you're only 6psi out of the range, and who knows how accurate his compression tester was?!

also, did he do a wet compression test as well...i'm not to clued up about it, but if you do a dry one, then a wet one (put oil in the cyl first) then it tells you if its a head prob or a bottom end prob.

either way, i don't think low compression is gonna be why you only have 155bhp.

if i were you i'd take it to a vr6 expert...prob stealth racing...even if it were a fair drive.

Pete: i think you are probably right. Got my magnecor leads coming soon as well and sorted everything else Vince told me too so well see what happens the next RR day. Whatever im going to end up paying as i want to make sure its in tip top condition for nurburgring next year ;-)

ACF: im not sure he did do a wet compression test. The test showed as follows:-

1: 150

2: 170

3: 155

4: 150

5: 120

6: 130

Now compression on 5 and 6 seems to be the issue as its much lower than the others. Why do 5 and 6 stick in my mind? Isnt there a weak point on th VR6 on these cyls???

dont temp fate mate never ever say things cant get worse. are your plugs fouled or are you putting a lot of oil in ? as andrew says a wet test will show if its top or bottom as the oil seals the rings slightly and the figures go up

ahhh didnt know that and i wasnt told it either. I did ask if their was any way telling if it is top end or rings. Thought their was no way so just pay it and be done with it.... I have been topping the oil up quite frequently however i was using a fairly thin oil - 5w-40w. Ive just changed to a semi 10w 40. Im going to watch it very carefully over the next few weeks....

ahhh didnt know that and i wasnt told it either. I did ask if their was any way telling if it is top end or rings. Thought their was no way so just pay it and be done with it.... I have been topping the oil up quite frequently however i was using a fairly thin oil - 5w-40w. Ive just changed to a semi 10w 40. Im going to watch it very carefully over the next few weeks....

well, the high oil usage may well have been cause of the thin oil. remember vw say upto 1 litre per 1k miles is acceptable, they're supposed to use more than most cars.

Thanks acf - and ta for looking that up in the Bentley :-) I before i get them to do the head i will get them to do a wet compression check to see if its the rings..... and geast b J14 turn left for Stonehouse follow the road into stone house- keep going until you see a bp on your right- turn in their they are behind the BP garage. Really friendly and they know VR6's very well. One of the very few garages i do trust with my VR TBH as they race em..... :-) I can get you thenumber if you like pm me....