VR6 Owners Club annual meet 2011 - Your views ....

This is for all the people that made it to billing for the show on Saturday, this is your chance to comment and give your view of the weekend the high points and low points or if you have any suggestions that you think would improve the show as a whole ... was a one day event better than the whole weekend ??? or did people prefer the show to be the whole weekend ??? stuff like that ....

Sensible comments and view only please !!!!

all non helpful ones will be removed

Cheers

Maybe next time we could do the tug of war? And possibly have a whole field/area to our selves? And do a karting trophy? And Tony to bring his own jubilee clips?!! ;)

we have put plans in place for next year for more space, yeah some of the activates didn't happen due to lack of room this will be addressed for next year, karting we do normally do but it was jam packed so couldn't really hold the kart off .... and as for the jubilee clips well i just wanted to to feel at home and be help full .... lol

but thanks for the comments think a few people are going to agree with you ..

I think the format of the weekend was fine... I.e one day and camping either side... I dont get many passes LOL... and everyone seemed to have a great time as always :D

There was some discussion on the Show & Shine ... No-one wants extra categorys but understanding what each is... For example I would not have had the Corrado as a variant as it has a VR6 badge origionally.. A Mk2 with the VRlump/mk4 etc is a variant...??? So maybe a little subtitle or a word from the organiser before hand would be great... -Discuss :D

It was busy so that limited/split the area, which was an inconvienence, & would be better if/as you say addressed so everything is at hand for next year...

The car jumble needs a section/area and you must pop a price on it etc etc... I know people sold stuff but a list/spreadsheet building up to the event makes this a whole lot easier for everyone... I think... :D

I missed out on my murdered (sorry perfectly preepared) BBQ burger because I had to leave.. So a lunch one would have been better for me personally... Not sure how that works for everyone else... Discuss :D

Dinner could have been a visit/takeaway to the Indian resturant just a 100m down the field perhaps??? - Discuss :D

So as always it was great to see everyone on my yearly visit... Hopefully work keeps going but frees up a little time so I can make more stuff..

See y'all again soon

R

I think the format of the weekend was fine... I.e one day and camping either side... I dont get many passes LOL... and everyone seemed to have a great time as always :D

There was some discussion on the Show & Shine ... No-one wants extra categorys but understanding what each is... For example I would not have had the Corrado as a variant as it has a VR6 badge origionally.. A Mk2 with the VRlump/mk4 etc is a variant...??? So maybe a little subtitle or a word from the organiser before hand would be great... -Discuss :D

It was busy so that limited/split the area' date=' which was an inconvienence, & would be better if/as you say addressed so everything is at hand for next year...

The car jumble needs a section/area and you must pop a price on it etc etc... I know people sold stuff but a list/spreadsheet building up to the event makes this a whole lot easier for everyone... I think... :D

I missed out on my murdered (sorry perfectly preepared) BBQ burger because I had to leave.. So a lunch one would have been better for me personally... Not sure how that works for everyone else... Discuss :D

Dinner could have been a visit/takeaway to the Indian resturant just a 100m down the field perhaps??? - Discuss :D

So as always it was great to see everyone on my yearly visit... Hopefully work keeps going but frees up a little time so I can make more stuff..

See y'all again soon

R

[/quote']

totally agree theres some work to be done in terms of categories I was thinking maybe a 1st 2nd and 3rd prize for VR6's as theres so many good cars in the club - we did this the 1st year and it worked ok I thought

didn't help that we went to Tesco just before S&S and hadn't really instructed anyone about where the cars should go and having very little room for the campsite wasn't good at all we were supposed to have half of Teal Meadow as usual, it was good for the kids that there was tonnes to do but there something to be said for being able to spread out a bit

Best Wheels. MJVR6

Best Interior. VR6_Absy

Best engine Bay. VR6_Absy

Best VR6. VR6_Absy

Best Modification of the Year. VR6_Absy

Best Variant. Just VR6

Most improved. VR6 Nat

Best Standard. andynick69

Im probably gonna get more haters on this, but this how my view is.

Well done to VR6_Absy as he won the awards for Engine Bay+Modification.

But im getting cofused dot com as I thought its a VR6 thing.

Or are you guys now changing to a MK3 Forum. No offence, he done a fab job.... And I praise him as he done it himself..Well done to you dude.

Maybe you all will tell me the characteristics to the Lump is due to it being near enuff as the vr6 lump.

Hmmmmm..Sorry, this is only my views. I do not mean to upset no 1.

Also I feel as though regardless to any vehicle running a VAG VR6 lump init should be characterised the same..

I mean that is the whole point of the VR6OC, or is it jus mk3's?

Take for example, if a Mk2 showed up, beautifully done, with a VR6 lump in there, would it win as a variant, as the VR6 lump was originally set up for the Mk2.

Once again, I do not mean to upset anyone, jus casting my view.

it's clear we need to sort out the categories as though everybody voted there was no clear direction or understanding about how people should be voting, 'best VR6' was clearly just 'best car in show'.... Nat and I spoke about this just before the S&S and I think she was right we should have been more explicit about which car fall into each one

Should we have asked people to enter certain ones?

what do others think?

We did have this conversation a fair few times prior to the show and at the show.

We will need to be clear on what is what in the future.

Tho we have said only VR6 engines of which both 12v and 24v engines are such.

I'm thinking best 'from factory vr', 'best mk4 v6', 'best converted vr'. Then a best of show from them 3

We did have this conversation a fair few times prior to the show and at the show.

I'm thinking best 'from factory vr'' date=' 'best mk4 v6', 'best converted vr'. Then a best of show from them 3

[/quote']

yes exactly, what do people think about 1st 2nd 3rd at all?

I'm thinking best 'from factory vr'' date=' 'best mk4 v6', 'best converted vr'. Then a best of show from them 3

[/quote']

Spot On!

But im getting cofused dot com as I thought its a VR6 thing.

Or are you guys now changing to a MK3 Forum. No offence' date=' he done a fab job.... And I praise him as he done it himself..Well done to you dude.

Maybe you all will tell me the characteristics to the Lump is due to it being near enuff as the vr6 lump.

Hmmmmm..Sorry, this is only my views. I do not mean to upset no 1.

Also I feel as though regardless to any vehicle running a VAG VR6 lump init should be characterised the same..

I mean that is the whole point of the VR6OC, or is it jus mk3's?

Take for example, if a Mk2 showed up, beautifully done, with a VR6 lump in there, would it win as a variant, as the VR6 lump was originally set up for the Mk2.

Once again, I do not mean to upset anyone, jus casting my view.

[/quote']

Free country mate and everybody is allowed to express their own views.

Mine was a very nice Mk3 VR6 with an equally as good engine bay but due to wear and tear i swapped the lump out for a modern version in the same family which i'm sure you'll agree almost looks factory. In fact most shows it p1sses me right off that passersby see it as just another V6 because it doesn't stand out in a crowd ;-)

In my build thread there is a link to a VW study document which includes the following

"The VR engines have a long history at Volkswagen. The VR success began in 1992 with the start of production of the 2.8L VR6 engine. In 2002, the VR6 was converted to four-valve technology. In 2003 the capacity of the VR6 was increased to 3.2 liters, resulting in a power increase of up to 250 hp. Then, in 2006, the capacity was increased to 3.6 liters, resulting in a power increase of up to 280 hp."

Ok mine is running Mk4 management, Mk5 engine, over 270bhp but EVERYTHING else is 2WD Mk3 VR6 even N/A.

Actually my previous engine had port & polished head, 268 cams, shrick manifold etc etc not quite factory but nobody complained. Is a charger acceptable ? I don't think i've seen a Forced or Turbo'd VR6 roll out of the factory.

Thanks for the praise, much appreciated ;-)

MJ no haters here mate...we may disagree but never hate... ;)

It's great that everyone has an opinion and can openly share .... :D

I do agree that VR6 covers us all and that is the reason we have all the versions.. In fact I must admit a fondness to a certain booted version back in the day (original passat for those - I love the side on boot line on it.. LOL) ... :D

There is some credance to a version award but that must depend on who turns up - does it not??? I would win the mk5 just because I was there. So maybe a cross over or two is applicable for the interim whilst numbers build in other areas of car... Obviously the mk3 is more prevelant but.... the Carrado was mint and whilst Abbs won everything (not taking anything away it looked spanking mate) I know alot of us had soft spot for that... So perhaps a tweek on the title to Helens & Craggsy best in show would cover a few areas.. (PS I still think you'd have won Abs mate LOL) ???

As a foot note... I personally dont think we should have many more categaries - we have enough...I'm unsure of the 3 places per division but certainly think the top three of the show is a great idea.. As I said I think the format is fine but perhaps a little massage on the S&S may help clarification.

Helen No to the category entering as that just makes more work for you guys. turn up you're in all.... and I dont expect to win anything anyways... LOL. It's just a bit of fun so everyone can look and see our perfect versions of our preferred marque

P.S the kiddie packs seem to have gone down a storm. Great Idea Pirates as far as the eye could see... :)

Hi guys, thanks again for a great day out. Reading through the threads i hope i didnt upset anyone winning thr best variant.

My personal opinion and i fully agree with previously mentioned tgreads is how can it be a variant when it is or was a factory produced vr6???

Does it not state that it is a vr6 owners club. As it appears as a golf mk3 golf owners club.

This takes nothing away for all the great mk3's i saw saturday and the amount or time money and effort that went into some lovely cars. I was just happy to be there and share my little old rado with others and meet some new friendly facesî„…

I think Justin has just made a very fair point in saying the title of the club is "VR6OC" and not a Golf owners club and so the variant bit is a bit strange. I know it is impossible to please everyone and certainly agree the format is good and the moderators time and effort make for a nice event. Worth remembering it is a SnS and not a concours event and the relaxed feel that brings to the day.

thank you people i think we now know we had a slight issue with the S&S categorises etc etc ....

Was there anything else from they day that people did / didnt like or thought could have been done or organised a bit better like the BBQ, the demo`s, activities etc etc

thank you people i think we now know we had a slight issue with the S&S categorises etc etc ....

Was there anything else from they day that people did / didnt like or thought could have been done or organised a bit better like the BBQ' date=' the demo`s, activities etc etc

[/quote']

agreed we will resolve the S&S for next year it is Tony & my first time of organising events so we're really grateful for any comments :-)

From what ive heard EVERYBODY had a great time and how Helen & Tony are approaching this, researching for good, productive feedback is great for all shows!

Well done guys more making it a memoable event and i for one will be looking forwards to next year!

Unfortunatly I only got to pop down on the Saturday and was late at that! It was well worth the drive, gutted I missed the activities and demos as I liked the sound of them the but the atmosphere was still great. I liked the location and the camping vibe and although I coulnt get the time to camp this year would definatly next.

I just made it in time for the SnS prizes and I though the catorgies were good and was very impressed at Tony's craftmanship ;) Looking round the cars after definatly agreed with the winners. I do like the idea of 1st 2nd and 3rd but for overall only. I also prefered the arrive and enter touch (although found the arrive part tricky!!) nice hassle free touch.

Overall gota say great event, great people, good times. Will be back :)