Most amount of miles to a tank!

LOL its all about the right foot.... I actually got better mpg once charged... also what your doing.... I used to get to Newcastle from London on a little under 3/4 of a tank at motorway speeds easilly... the Correct filter & zorst Modifications help here.

Also remember dont brake... whilst you dont have to be a hyper miler good driving practice is worth its' weight...

Get up to speed asap

stay at that speed - as constant as you can for as long as you can... with minimal deviation.

Lift off rather than brake.. you know that's fun in MK mate... ;)

you will soon enjoy savings once you get over the newness of it and the sound of the beast...

On trips I was getting at best 34mpg around town around 25-ish mpg... and not driving like miss Daisy.. :D

Trust us you get used to it after a while and become best mates with your garage (you may even get a christmas card)... well worth the points cards ... LOL

How about this.....What is the least amount of miles anyone has done to a tank?!!

Also....Are VR6's meant to be run on super unleaded?

RCF.....MK is heaps of fun with the straights and r/b's! Still finding out how well my car grips though as read many reports saying due to the weight up front it upsets the handling....I have coilovers fitted so I am hoping this will help.

on the fuel as a standard car.... well strictly no... but most of us do as it does run better..

yup know MK well... ;) handling is fine you just need to make the rear steer for you ;) then the front stays :D

LOL

(not that I am condoning unresponible driving in any way-save it for the track )

on the fuel as a standard car.... well strictly no... but most of us do as it does run better..

yup know MK well... ;) handling is fine you just need to make the rear steer for you ;) then the front stays :D

LOL

(not that I am condoning unresponible driving in any way-save it for the track )

Thank you mate.....I will start putting super in and see how she performs.

You know MK well, next time you are in the area you must by. I see you are from Watford, I was born and bred just down the road from yourself in Tring!

Really enjoying my VR6, ......I am going to Billing on Saturday so looking forward to that! My daughter may come along as she is a petrol head at the age of almost 13!

I can see easy 320 or so if i keep out of boost........enter boost on and off and about 280.........really hammer it regular like and about 200-210 to the tank

320 miles off boost, that is impressive mate. Now saying boost obviously you have Turbo'd your VR.....What BHP is she and what is the 0-60 times? Mine is standard apart from an exhaust and direst cold air feed to the OE airbox and she is fast enough! My mate has an Audi S3 RR'd at 208bhp and we are even in a straight line which I was most happy with!!!! Your VR must be seriously fast!!

Oh yes i'll be there........got to really as I have to get drunk with the other lunatics who help run this site lol

lol speak for yourself?!

MPG? You are driving the wrong car to be concerned about this....

MPG is not that worse than a Ford Focus 2.0 16v.....honestly! I would say my VR is about the same on fuel as my E36 328i Sport.

From my OBD1 i get about 35 if driving at a modest 60 on a run, I have even managed almost 40 (39.something) with heavy coasting (Wales has a lot of hills) but generally see about 20 round town and 32 on a run. Dads Focus RS is better than that seeing 35 easy at 70-80 but its not about the MPG is it...

From my OBD1 i get about 35 if driving at a modest 60 on a run' date=' I have even managed almost 40 (39.something) with heavy coasting (Wales has a lot of hills) but generally see about 20 round town and 32 on a run. Dads Focus RS is better than that seeing 35 easy at 70-80 but its not about the MPG is it...

[/quote']

Serious bud......A Focus RS is better on fuel than a VR? I have never been in a Focus RS but been told they are rapid, I am sure they are in the low 6's to 60mph? What would you say performance wise.....A VR compared to a Focus RS? My Saff Cossie I owned some years ago drank fuel. I would say she was only a tad faster than my OBDII VR but am sure my VR pulls better than my old Cossie past 100mph. But my Cossie was standard and did have 12 previous owners!!

Well, they say that the RS is better on fuel than the ST in most driving conditions - dont ask why because I havent a clue but it definitely seems that way. The RS regularly trumps my MPG and is always sat between 70-90 while to get 35 and up im sat at 60. A breathed upon block is usually always more efficient. In comparison the VR pulls well and is in the low 7s but the RS has almost double the horsepower and double the torque and sounds pretty phenomenal (almost as good as the VR ;) ) so it really is no contest. It handles like nothing else too! The closest thing he has had to the VR in terms of power/MPG would be the clio V6 about a second quicker to 60 but only gave about 22-25 at most, revved to 7000! But try getting it there before you find hedges sticking through the rear. Probably a close race in the twisties I would imagine. On another note you Cossie sound like a whore, but ive always wanted one!