left to go 800+ MAN HOURS TO COMPLETE

Hello there just would like to share the my project to all you guys. I have mk3 vr6

and just go straight =) Building fiberglass door cards and sub 4x door cards + twin 12inch sub on this you can see in the pics also this week actually this morning all interior plastics was removed and its gonna be camo red inside and we have a cage on its way here few pics.

1297205800_12952_FT0_dsc_0529_.jpg

1297205800_12952_FT0_dsc_0530_.jpg

1297205800_12952_FT0_dsc_0531_.jpg

1297205800_12952_FT0_bn_.jpg

at the moment to get things (inside) red camo + airbrushed skulls arround+ cage in also in camo and rear seats out ,fronts replaced by buckets (auto style or FK) and snap off kit for my momo wheel =) so when inside is done gonna be all the suspension i have all the parts poly flexis coils etc brake pads new antiroll bars so its a lot to name it. At the moment interior and ice -later suspension and engine.. Engine not big deal fresh gaskets and samco hosing and new induction kit 200£ onwards.

never actually went to some sound offs. I staying in Aberdeen for any good event i have to travel quite far to south or atleast the nearest is knockhill onwards Edinburgh (scotland). Anyways i keep posting pictures of my progress (maybe the way i describing its not painting a picture for your guys) but pictures will =) i hope.

Forgot to mention =) after Passing MOT outside was only three things i.ve done "refurb alloys" yokohamas on-and wents on the wings re-done. (mention in early pots that my airwents after bad winter needed attention)

Dont judge by photo =) Its needing quite a lot outside but is gone to be all cosmetics done when i finished with main parts first. Anyways this is the first look to all you guys old 1992 VR6- is going home =)))

1297287733_12952_FT421659_air_vent_.jpg

i was thinking about subs in the rear doors - making fiberglass door card with the sub space in it,but after speaking with audio ppl was adviced not to do so, so only twin 12inch subs x 2 amps and 4x 6x9s : tweeters 2x (maybe) 4x in the front pillars -standart midrange speakers deleted.

should be good :) fibreglass will probably need reinforcing and strengthening to hold weight and bass from subs... you want some decent midrange + tweeters around you otherwise the bass jsut gets ridiculous.. whatever setup you go down, get decent audio hardware (Not Halfords) look into Orion audio, they are rally high end excellent quality :P hope that may help in what ever way...

My set (proposed) at the moment is

4x VIBE SEK69 V3 Kevlar 525w 6x9" 2 year in a row best competition awad winners.

2x Lanzar DC 12" 2000w Competition Car Subwoofer SQ Sub

and (sub amp) Lanzar VIBE 1800D Digital MonoBlock Sub Amp

and for 6x9s

Lanzar VIBE 432 4 Channel Stereo Amp Amplifier 4000w with 120a live fuse.

x tweeters.

and at the last point I am struggle with=) i was told using

4000W ZERO 0 GAUGE wiring kit i need second battery and no power cap (BUT POWER CAP gives you better tone to subs and clears all power distractions. As i started to making to day my rear fiberglass door cards will be again all smooth i have no space going for mid range and now i.m gonna struggle with space if i go for extra batt and power cap =((((

where are you putting the 6x9's and what sort of competitions are you entering SPL is all about creating as much bass as possible but this has nothing to do with SQ. SQ is all about getting the right sounds coming from the right place as though you were stood / sat infront of a stage therefore you will need tweeters fairly high facing towards the opposite side of the screen you can fit 10cm speakers in the standard dash positions to give midrange and then you need either 6x9's or 6.5" speakers in the doors for midbass sub woofers are not a main concern as you hear the bass and feel it and its not so directional as the others

i have 3 way rainbow components in the front 3 way components in the rear and a 12" sub in the boot running of a genesis 5 channel amp

fronts are 6.5",4" and tweeters

rear 6x9 (component) genesis 4" mids and tweeters will be finished end of next week with a power cap

Nice install mate:For my install no speakers left in the doors cause door cards fronts fiberglassed so (deleted) pockets and speakers same on the back. Only whats left is shelf (which gonna be replaced) so not a lot to do =)) i can upgrade fronts (standart speakers)mounted in dashboard. But again i was thinking delete fronts and two airwents (big ideas as usually) So i think basically left to play with parcel shelf and i can try to accommodate 6x9s with mid range ones on that shelf. I have made up allready sub for twin 12.

And i think here is how not to http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://a601.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/30/l_389b71dcf39d343060d22e47b56d2388.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.106owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php%3F44006-Sub-in-parcel-shelf&usg=__XwhjaFFld4HlDg1byLkqRf-OxjA=&h=450&w=600&sz=29&hl=en&start=55&sig2=w-5flSO4IyClpiq5f8mIMg&zoom=1&tbnid=R9Zb1DI-yXbmSM:&tbnh=170&tbnw=228&ei=CHZUTeDIIcvG4gbXv43MCQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3D6x9%2Bmounted%2Bin%2Bparcel%2Bshelf%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D677%26tbs%3Disch:10,1649&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=608&oei=5nRUTdHfCZSxhQfZ8tnKCA&esq=2&page=4&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:55&tx=121&ty=96&biw=1280&bih=677 =) I saw a few ppl did it with fixed from below.

I think in my case after removing back seat and fitting cage in i clearly see how much space i have to put all speakers in. AT the moment cannot do much

thats not all bad if its a freeair mounted sub because they were designed not to go in a box

personally id keep the fronts you will need something to get the sound towards the front of the car can you not create custom enclosures in the doors out of fibreglass to house some 6x9's that will sound better than putting 4 6x9's on the rear shelf

my 6x9's in the back are mounted in Blaupunkt custom shelf supports so my shelf is standard i,ll get a picture up tomorrow

This mornings idea =-) as all you guys -proposing idea for me going with midrange speakers.

SO-First things first =) MIDRANGE RANGE SPEAKERS IN FRONT WITH tweeters. NO 6X9S (in the back) only fronts and twin subs maybe going for more stronger ones-how about that? WE ALL COOL NOW WITH THAT IDEA =))