VENTO 4WD (now supercharged)

Nice work mate' date=' keep it up!

Just wodnerin where you got the haldex kit? just cos i looked on there site and couldnt find anything to do with gearboxes? or am i just blind? haha cheers

[/quote']

You'll need to source the Haldex running gear from a breakers. You can use 4motion or audi TT and probably others aswell but I'm not too sure.

as above ;)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is looking so cool! (H)

How difficult was it to install the halidex kit? I'm assuming it wasn't plug and play!

big job mate but not much to do on the wiring side really,just wire the sqs haldex controller in and speedo for the gear box job done but fitting it was fun!alot of fabrication needed.

How difficult was it to install the halidex kit? I'm assuming it wasn't plug and play!

big job mate but not much to do on the wiring side really' date='just wire the sqs haldex controller in and speedo for the gear box job done but fitting it was fun!alot of fabrication needed.

[/quote']

Thought it would be! Did you have to relocate the fuel tank and then remove the spare wheel well?

big job mate but not much to do on the wiring side really' date='just wire the sqs haldex controller in and speedo for the gear box job done but fitting it was fun!alot of fabrication needed.

[/quote']

Thought it would be! Did you have to relocate the fuel tank and then remove the spare wheel well?

ye had to remove the wheel well but made a custom tank to fit.

wheel well gone

boot-cut-vr6oc.jpg

tank from underside

tank-vr6oc.jpg

tank from rear of car sits perfect

tank2vr6oc.jpg

Your custom rear arms are a clever idea' date=' saves modifiying the rear chassis rails to accommodate the mk4 suspension set-up. What suspension (struts/springs) did you use on your car?

[/quote']

thats the very reason we did it,it was my mate who did the arms for me,he jigged the mk3 rear beam chopped the hubs did the same with the mk4 rear arms and swop them over,was i real pain though.it was the longest part of the project and took about 3 months to do but saved so much fuss.it now on mk3 coilovers

Your custom rear arms are a clever idea' date=' saves modifiying the rear chassis rails to accommodate the mk4 suspension set-up. What suspension (struts/springs) did you use on your car?

[/quote']

thats the very reason we did it,it was my mate who did the arms for me,he jigged the mk3 rear beam chopped the hubs did the same with the mk4 rear arms and swop them over,was i real pain though.it was the longest part of the project and took about 3 months to do but saved so much fuss.it now on mk3 coilovers

I quite fancy having a go at those just for the challenge.

[/quote']

I quite fancy having a go at those just for the challenge.

your a mad man lol

mmmm.. I happen to have another spare haldex set up... any one fancy an attempt at another vento..?

love this car mate and cant wait to see it / have a go against u at pod this coming season!

ye im really looking forward to getting it down to pod,whens the first decent event down there?

• 2 weeks later...