VENTO 4WD (now supercharged)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just as easy but if the map on the other chip is good then it might be cheaper just to have the rev limiter removed ?

I'm sure it would but in the back of my mind would be "why set the limit so low", maybe they were struggling with the fueling at higher rpm and set it like that for a reason. Either way i'd want it checked and the mapping blocked to see what was happening rather than loosing the engine from running lean.....

I may be a bit paranoid but better to be safe than sorry......

just as easy but if the map on the other chip is good then it might be cheaper just to have the rev limiter removed ?

I'm sure it would but in the back of my mind would be "why set the limit so low"' date=' maybe they were struggling with the fueling at higher rpm and set it like that for a reason. Either way i'd want it checked and the mapping blocked to see what was happening rather than loosing the engine from running lean.....

I may be a bit paranoid but better to be safe than sorry......

[/quote']

cheers for the help guys and i think this makes a good point ^^ so im going to have a word with a local guy (chip wizards) and see what he can do for me,its almost undrivable as it is :-(

very true Bungy :)

Gaz - take the car to Vince at Stealth in Coventry mate and get him to map it properly the man is a legend with the vr6 engine and will defo get the best out of the car :) cant speak highly enough of him tbh

sounds like a plan to me ill ring them tomorrow.cheers again everyone