4 Mo performance in the snow

Well i cannot engage gears whilst engine is running. They go in fine when engine is off. Peddle just feels like it has air in system, everyone ive spoke too says they can be a bitch to bleed after changing clutch master cylinder.

When it went on way back from snetterton i could change it from 3rd upwards without the clutch being pressed.

If I cant sort it then it will be going into APS in Brackley to sort it out for me, as they come very highley rated and are about 1hr away

Well i cannot engage gears whilst engine is running. They go in fine when engine is off. Peddle just feels like it has air in system' date=' everyone ive spoke too says they can be a bitch to bleed after changing clutch master cylinder.

When it went on way back from snetterton i could change it from 3rd upwards without the clutch being pressed.

If I cant sort it then it will be going into APS in Brackley to sort it out for me, as they come very highley rated and are about 1hr away

[/quote']

if its air getting let into the system you would expect it to have got progressively worse. and for a while would have let you only go into gears slowly with the odd grinding. check the break reservoir to see if its drained all the way down to the level it takes a feed off for the clutch master / slave cylinder. this would surject a fluid leak if its sat at the same level as the feed.

If it went suddenly its more lightly to be the realise bearing or pressure plate springs that have let go. the fact you could get into gears 3rd upward is just because you where matching the speeds properly as without the clutch pressed it would have been engaged

This may sound silly, but try bleeding it the way you have, then leave the slave bleed nipple open and watch for any air bubbles coming out. Do that for a couple of minutes, do the nipple up, then pump the pedal a few times.

Then repeat, just opening the nipple to see whats coming out. The fluid in the linewill keep flowing because the reservior is higher then the nipple, but opening the nipple will allow the air to escape from the slave.

Sorry to thread jack!!!

The tyres you've got aren't really 'winter' tyres, so probably colg up with the snow, which won't help.

Yeah mate, it was standard when I got it, one of the best mods ive done tbh.

when driving normaly you dont notice the difference. When you nail it out a corner you can tell its putting more power down through the rear:-d On low traction surfaces like snow its easier to control and is more predictable.