r32 implant in mk3

hey guys ive been doing a bit of thinkin and searching round the net on buying and puttin an r32 engine in my mk3. I love my car as it is but i just keep gettin that niggling need for speed and was wondering what peoples thoughts would be on this?

aside from turbo or s/c this seems like the next route to take for big n/a power gains and i think id rather stay n/a tbh. Has anyone on here done this or know of anyone who has? I could buy cams and then remap but that would be about it and id probly only see 200bhp and dont get me wrong that makes a quick car but i just feel a bit greedy and want more bang!

FWD

use existing gearbox, clutch & flywheel or you could go 02M with modified mount

It's not easy, i'm just taking my time, you need plenty of room to store stuff. Worst bit so far was getting the loom out of the dash

You need lots of bits, i think i've listed them all but will update if need be.

thanks ive had a read of ur build so far mate should be a cracker that, ive had experience strippin out a full car so i know how daunting all that is but good news to be able to keep the fwd so that saves a bit of work. im more of a drop into 2nd gear at 40mph kinda guy so off the line wheel spin doesnt bother me to much lol. If you dont mind me askin where did u source ur engine from? and cheeky to ask but how much? ;)

believe it or not ive just found one for that price and aparantly its complete, i forgot bout sellin parts on i dont need so thats a bonus lol, just wish i had 1100quid right now will be a few weeks til i do lol, this engine is bub code 25k from 2009 model so hes saying, hmmmm

Don't need the R32 pedal box, just a DBW pedal from the same model year car, that will fit your car neatly. Can get a Caddy or TDI one new from the dealer for about £45. Or triple that if you really want the flashy metal 'R' covering on it!

And I would make a real effort to get the DBW pedal loom because it's not part of the engine harness and people often leave it. Otherwise it's a right ball ache getting the right pedal connector from the dealers.

Try to get everything from the same car and don't mix and match MK4 and MK5 parts.

Use the R32 iron headers with a standard 12V downpipe. The downpipe branch next to the brake servo just needs extending and that's it, it will bolt right up to the headers. No need for expensive and unnecessary 6 branchers.

The most difficult part without doubt is the wiring and ECU preperation and is sadly the undoing of many a 24V conversion.

Stealth can take an entire loom and give you back just the bits you need, retaped up again, and the ECU remapped (280hp) with all the redundant functions disabled so that they won't show up on VAG-COM. A proper turn key conversion.

appreciate all the advice people, dnt know when ill have the money for an engine yet anyway because of xmas creepin up on us, n im sure my car has ears cos soon as i mention r32 swap it decides to stop goin into 1 2 n 4th gears! great.

Sound like a selector problem to you guys? clutch wasnt slippin or anything n still depresses fine.