desperate welder needed asap

my vr failed its mot the other day due to some one jacking up the car badly and i believe slpitting the floor plan from the sill. so i need to find some one to weld the jacking piont so it can pass the mot but i would realy like to find some were tomorrow if pos as have until the 19th before mot expires. If any one can recomend some one in north london (north tottenham) i would realy appriate it. Thanks

Tut tut...... Sills are structural part of the car, metal putty is no good. Least you could have said was fibreglass or carbon sheet over the hole and smooth it down then paint it..........lol seriously though, get em repaired with metal plates and welding ( not rivets) or better still, change the whole sill. Will be much stronger. If mot tester finds putty, car will fail mot.

sills are not part of the cars structure well atleast not anything you could damgege with a jack, btw this only refers to some cars, golf mk3 been one of them, but yes welding would be the best option, but if you need a run around for a few day till you can sort it properly i would putty it if i was you, but change the sills at a latter date if your going to putty it as i may be wrong, i dont think i am though :-p

I thought I'd ask my mot tester mate if the jacking points and/or sills are a structual part of a golf. He said they were, so I asked if you found metal putty in either would you fail the car on mot? He said yep.........so there na na na maaaaa na...................

ok i so i might be wrong :-o, im sure the golf mk3 has its reinforcment panels which the sills go over then in the case of the vr a plastic cover ontop of the lot, i did say i may be wrong though, and i would putty it if i had to have a car till i can find a way of welding it, its not like you wernt driving the day before your mot.

metal putty is well good for the odd temporary job, temporary been the word here

It's all cool, chill. At the begining with tut tut, was larkin about in a wouldn't dream of screwing the system..... NOT..... Lol. Been there done that especially when times were tight and couldn't afford proper job. Temporary repairs usually lasted until next mot!!!!!! So please use your putty, I'm not gonna snitch!!!!!!