• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The silicon sealant was on it when I bought it. Its been on for a while. I have contact G-Werks for a complete gasket kit for the Shrick. Is the kit OEM if so I can get from TPS?

What about the gasket between the tube thing to the manifold which is currently connected with silicone. I am sure that's not on the standard one.

United can you help?

have you gaped the spark plug to the right gap, also did you let the TB calibrate affter you did the work, and like craggy said are you sure you didnt nick one of the ht leads when you installed the head, i really dont see how a gasket on the TB or inlet manifod could cause it to run very poorly but iv never had that problem so i dont know

have you gaped the spark plug to the right gap' date=' also did you let the TB calibrate affter you did the work, and like craggy said are you sure you didnt nick one of the ht leads when you installed the head, i really dont see how a gasket on the TB or inlet manifod could cause it to run very poorly but iv never had that problem so i dont know

[/quote']

I can - I had a split in my Schick gasket at the front of the schrick and it ran like a sack of spanners....

Pete

unplug your HT leads one at a time on the coilpack.... if runs worse, then that plug is working ok, but if it stays the same, its narrowed down your problem...

also, unplug your MAF, if it runs worse, then it probably is OK, if it runs the same, then its probably got issues..

Hi Guys, I checked the HT leads and they seem ok. I spoke to Tony and booked some time with him to take a look. I am going to wait a week for all the parts for the schrick to arrive. I got new throttle and manifold gaskets. I will most likely fit the AP suspension in a few weeks and the D90's are coming off to save some money as well.

Its not all bad at least I hope if it is then its going to be sell the mods I guess.

So no VR for a week. Hey Pete I am looking forward to hearing about yr corrado project. Tony sort of explained to me. Hope it goes well.

Oh one other point, I cannot do team south meet this month, I wanted to bring my wheels but its going to have to wait.

Oh one other point' date=' I cannot do team south meet this month, I wanted to bring my wheels but its going to have to wait.

[/quote']

Come in a different vehicle...names to faces etc...more the merrier......

I might mate depends on what the wife has planned with my girls. I will be at the Christmas meet hopefully!