We fitted the Schrick this afternoon and the car is running extremely lumpy.

Things done.

1. Sequence of the HT leads attached to the coil pack.

2. Changed the spark plugs

3. Refitted the old manifold back on

4. Removed the schrick completely

5. Let the car run for 10mins with both the schrick fitted and the old manifold fitted after disconnecting the battery.

6. Fitted HT leads correctly

She seems to pull ok when you give it some beans but especially in 1st and 2nd she seems to hesitate in low rev's?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do we disconect the battery? I had the car dyno'd today, first run was with standard filter, second I fitted a Ramair induction kit. I asked the guy doing the dyno about disconecting the battery he said don't need to as it's the MAF that decides on fueling due to air flow?? But I'd read a few posts where people disconect the battery....who's right?

Would not disconecting the battery have made a difference to the power produced? as I only got a 5bhp gain thought you were supposed to get more??!!

Why do we disconect the battery? I had the car dyno'd today' date=' first run was with standard filter, second I fitted a Ramair induction kit. I asked the guy doing the dyno about disconecting the battery he said don't need to as it's the MAF that decides on fueling due to air flow?? But I'd read a few posts where people disconect the battery....who's right?

Would not disconecting the battery have made a difference to the power produced? as I only got a 5bhp gain thought you were supposed to get more??!!

[/quote']

What power did you make ??

Why do we disconect the battery? I had the car dyno'd today' date=' first run was with standard filter, second I fitted a Ramair induction kit. I asked the guy doing the dyno about disconecting the battery he said don't need to as it's the MAF that decides on fueling due to air flow?? But I'd read a few posts where people disconect the battery....who's right?

[/quote']

161 before 166 after...bit dissappointed really. will show you the readouts tomorrow........induction roar is awesome though...so 1 plus point!!!!!!

What power did you make ??

[/quote']

you have to disconnect the battery whenfitting a schrick as you have to solder onto the ECU wires you shouldnt have to disconnect battery to swap airfilter the maf senses amount of air going in so should automatically compensate

Hi all check the spark plug and coilpack sequence and I am still having problems. I've also checked all hoses related to the Schrick.

I check vag.com and got the below errors

00533 - Idle Speed Regulation: Adaptation Limit (Add) Exceeded

Possible Symptoms

* Bad Fuel Economy

Possible Causes

* Air Leak between Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor and Engine

* Injector(s) faulty

* Fuel Pressure Regulator faulty

* Throttle Body faulty

* Intake Air Filter dirty

Possible Solutions

* Perform Throttle Body Adaptation

* Check Hoses and Pipes to/between Components

* Check Intake Air Filter

* Check Fuel Pressure Regulator

* Check Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve

* Check Injector(s)

and

00668 - Supply Voltage Terminal 30: Signal Outside Specifications

00668 - Supply Voltage Terminal 30: Implausible Signal

Possible Causes

* Fuse(s) faulty

* Wiring/Connectors from/to Control Module faulty

* Power Supply (Battery/Generator) faulty

Possible Solutions

* Check Fuse(s)

* Check/Repair Wiring/Connectors from/to Control Module

* Check Power Supply (Battery/Generator)

Special Notes

* When found in an individual control module, it's most likely a local source (e.g. wiring/connectors).

* When found in multiple control modules at the same time, it's most likely a common source (e.g. ground spot, battery, generator).

* Intermittent codes are often stored during low outside temperature when the battery capacity goes down and may be ignored.

Would these cause the problem with the girl hesitating?

did you want to borrow my maf to see if that helps maybe when the antifreeze shot in that direction a little bit went in can lend you contact cleaner if you dont have any

have yo u tried clearing the codes and starting again

Can do matey, just wondering where the inlet valve is in relation to the throttle body?