basically titled as per as Ive only really bought the corrado for the engine,plan is to run it until the mot is out then fit it in my mk1 coupe but happy to have a play with the car in the mean time

as it was(bra is currently removed as im not a fan)

mynewcar02.jpg

mynewcar01.jpg

the important bit

mynewcar08.jpg

current wheels arent the worst but on the replace list

mynewcar07.jpg

always liked corrado rear seats

mynewcar04.jpg

and the fronts are still holding there shape well for 135k

mynewcar06.jpg

mynewcar05.jpg

exactly as I inherited it basically,allegedly has koni adjustables and an attempt at an exhaust which ill be having a look at as soon as I can get it up in the air

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barring a strip down and full repaint its not really in that great a condition though...

Had a look underneath it today and it all checked out,the exhaust is cobbled together standard stuff and a scorpion rear box.The suspension is indeed Koni's and I fixed the heatshield thats been flapping about and annoying me but couldnt do anything about the blowing exhaust just now

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just fixed the high idle problem and stuttering that had developed,The recent snow derived rough roads had dislodged a vac pipe onto the header heat shield which roasted it in a couple places.Replaced and rerouted a shorter pipe so it doesnt happen again.

In other news shall hopefully have the coilovers in my posession on friday so I can strip down and clean,cars booked in for a garage visit for a quote for paint and bodyworkand im running about way to busy with wrk to fit any real car time in ... :( Looking like turkey and coils for christmas day

it does indeed,been really enjoying driving it about and underneath it at my mates when it was on the two poster to fix the exhaust its al very good nick. Does mean however that the rotten looking(and feeling)brakes which I knew about but didnt care when I bought it are going to get done soon as possible. Looking into going 312 as the brakes just seem really poor. My previous bora,passat estate or audi A4 20vTs would all easily have out braked the corrado so 312s and braided seem like a logical first step as even my mk1 golf has bigger brakes than my corrado lol

yes im going to keep it.I already had a couple of sets of wheels lying for it but running it confirmed it. Got a quote today for paint for @1400,damage repaired,full windows out paint inc shuts,rolled arches and a few other odds and ends seen to.Its the same company that done my old passat

DSC00183.jpg

DSC00214.jpg

DSC00045-2.jpg

DSC00060.jpg

p3.jpg

p31.jpg

and my brothers vento

180720104292.jpg

180720104297.jpg

better pics though a bit higher on old rims and just out the booth

240620092087.jpg

180720092181.jpg

180720092182.jpg

I actually just stumbled across the sticky for it but it wasnt coming up in the search :s

My spare room is a riot.....theres stuff in there ive literally clean forgotten about.Just came accross the mk4 rears which were supposed to be for my mk1,I bought them about four years ago at inters painted up red already with pads and back plates and theyve just lurked about lol

hahaha,I stored all the panels and bits from my mark one jetta when I stripped it and other mk1s ive stripped for parts and sets of wheels or interiors I come across. Found this

02032009790.jpg

tucked away beside these

02032009789.jpg

but the nardi is the same fitment as the momo I have on so going to swap that over at the weekend. Trying to find time to work on it is hard though. Picked up a short time contract job helping out my mate on the run up to christmas which finishes next wednesday so couple of free days before christmas to get work done

ordered the gooodridge hoses for converting to 312 fronts and mk4 rear calipers from C+R today,need to get through to glasgow so I can go to TPS and order fr/rr discs and pads and rear bearings. Cars booked in to the bodyshop at the start of february as the shop is building a new paintbooth at the start of the year