• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks to be a complete riot :( full dash out really,cba fiddling about and fighting with it from below...in other news,new little stash... 312s for front,new rears,pads all round,handbrake cables,rear wheel bearings,heater matrix

htc152.jpg

still waiting on the C&R hoses coming but thatll give me time to clean up my callipers and repaint them,hopefully get the matrix fitted tomorrow :gag: and the brakes by the end of next week

left and went over to my matesearlier at the back of 2 but he'd been held up so never got started on work till half 4 and we had to swap the wheels on his mk6 over first as he's trading it in,started mine about 5pm'ish,it was cold(minus3)but clear and we got a decent start on it but halfway through getting the dash bolts out it started chucking it down with snow :mad: persevered,cursed,cursed some more,cursed a lot :censored: ,got the windscreen dash bolts undone and the matrix out and stopped for coffee and a hot roll...

went back out after the break and got stuck in to rebuilding it and finished buttoning up the lower panels at 11.30pm still snowing like a mofo. 20 minute drive home took an hour as the roads were insanity but no turkish bath and plentiful heat once again

took two pics but my camera was severely dying so it was very rough highlights ill try and get them up tomorrow but right now time for a brew and then bed

Kinda shy on pictures but we got there...

bout 6pm we had most of the internals removed and disconnected while it was still dry then the snow started,managed to get the dash out and stopped for a breather

htc153.jpg

highly detailed picture to show positioning of frozen scotsmen in idiocy mode...think this was about half ten and we just had the new matrix in,starting to rebuild up the heater box assembly and bones of the dash

htc154.jpg

11pm'ish,dash in and wiring roughly back in place,matrix connected in bay,car started and double checking plugs are all working and lights are all working,heater is all working

htc155.jpg

12:30am,home kettle on,picture for posterity

htc156.jpg

I usually take more pictures off stuff like this but it was just a bit hectic

wasnt too bothered with the cold really,it was reasonable while I was jumping about pulling stuff to bits but the snow starting burst my nut and put a right dampener on it. My mate getting held up kinda put the whole day on the back foot but he was getting the private rego transfered from his mk6 to his new audi so nothing could help that,plus he had to get the fat fives off his 6 to trade it in on monday.

Its so good having heaters back in and all working,just need to get the bulkhead dash bolts back in now but ill leave that till monday when(if)im back at work and hopefully the hoses come in next week so I can get the brakes done friday

cheers ben :) still getting problems with the coolant side of it,was driving home tonight and stopped for a bite but the car let out a puff of steam.Popped the bonnet and the top rad hose was solid but the bottom wasnt,thinking either big airlock or a gubbed thermostat...really dont want it to be the thermostart.

its weird as all the temps were reading fine it was just as I parked it up it let out a belch of steam :(

I remember changing the mk1s thermostat on the kr on my back in the snow a couple of years ago lol but I thought it was buried behind the crack pipe on the vr or something? Ive not actually checked tbh just something I thought I read somewhere. Going to double check the systems properly bled as best I can tomorrow dinnertime but ill be researching thermostat fix as ill probably end up redoing it soon for piece of mind.

klkl,ill have a look see tomorrow,I really need to find a spare couple of hours to give it a proper clean as well. Still got antifreeze residue up the inside of my windscreen from the matrix going but all the windows have a bad haze on the inside from it :( and the outside of it is bogging but were up to our nuts in stuff for ultimate dubs and im flat out :(

today was a bit mixed...

sorry for the rubbish pictures but my phones battery was dying

htc161.jpg

htc162.jpg

as the corrado also nearly did....heading home from work merging with slow moving rush hour traffic at the bottom of the motorway slip road,moved over into a gap between a pugeot and a truck,pugeot slowed to let the car in front of me in then picked up again,truck never and collected my rear quarter and almost spun me right round :( I felt the car skewing and steered into it and started feeding in gas as the truck never felt like slowing and almost got jammed clean under the front. Going via the bodyshop for a quote tomorrow morning then ill contact the trucks company and see whats happening and go from there.

Still going to move on with the brakes and repaint the rear callipers and dirt guards so ive a matching set. If the company who owns the truck turn out to be nightmares like ive been informed it could get ugly but if the worst comes to the worst ill sell up the extra bits like my initial plan was and vr my jetta coupe