change in licence status forces sale..........raging is not an unappropriate statement. Back when I got stopped for speeding(en route to hospital when my mum had been in the crash @pg6-8 iirc)and they said my licence had expired and I was being charged with it but I got the summons through for the start of next month and theyve done me for driving without a licence and no insurance....Just when im getting to the point of having a clean,reliable car and I get this thrown at me.

Im gutted but just going to fully track prep my mk1 to keep me busy till the ban is up but I dont want/cant have the corrado laid up for however long so the difficult decision was made to sell it :(

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

3500 with a new mot and the remaining tax...kinda forgot about the build thread when I started the for sale thread so missed your post sorry...

Wish I could say ive had trouble free motoring but although its had glimmers off magic(whatever happens we'll always have the edition 11 road trip <3 )the road has not all been plain sailing(yes,I like mixing my metaphors :P )

sourced(from ben the main man <3)a poly bushed VR subframe,cleaned and painted it up a bit and got a few other new add ons while I was in that area

htc761.jpg

htc762.jpg

htc764.jpg

htc765.jpg

htc766.jpg

htc767.jpg

htc769.jpg

htc776.jpg

htc771.jpg

htc773.jpg

my brother gave the car a machine polish once the paint had hardened

htc779.jpg

while I rest and levelled out the suspension

htc780.jpg

htc781.jpg

htc782.jpg

htc783.jpg

htc784.jpg

htc785.jpg

then had an amazing trip to edition and back :)

but reality set in getting it ready for an mot ....I knew one of the front struts was on its way out so had sourced another replacement insert but when I was swapping the tyres over to my old wheels to redo the autostradas I noticed the other front was starting to look slightly moist around the top :(

Decided I might as well get new coils :/

htc836.jpg

unusually for me i've left the helper springs in and at a 'reasonable' height for mot puposes and the new owner(when he turns up)can decide what height he wants to run it at

also decided while I was in the area I might as well fit new top mounts

htc837.jpg

no pics of it back on the old wheels till ive gave them a coat of paint though as theyre pretty gay

ben,the interior is still standard which is crying out for a recovering in leather and tbh it still needs a bit of love from someone that fancies getting a bit anal with the cleaning impliments,normally id have at least have had the underside wiped down and if I couldve found a spare corrado VR axle idve had that cleaned up and polybushed too so theres still lots of room to improve on this really. I still want to take the rest off the under bonnet soundproofing off as its very patchy and id like to tidy up the engine bay and hide some stuff but its really time to stop tinkering and get serious with my mk1

I semi rushed building them for a scottish show,basically I never powdered the barrels which is a pet peave of mine when a customer cheaps out and only does the bits you can see so I stripped them to powder the barrels really but noticed the (wet painted)centres had took a couple stone chips so getting them redone in some special sourced BBS gold powdercoat to stop it happening again and ill give the lips a once over while im there