Adrian flux appear to have decided against wanting my custom. Too high of a renewal price.

£1025 for the renewal.

Value of the passat £1000.

Golf VR6 value £1000. Last quote £709.

Any particular deals that can be struck with ins cpy?

I know I'll need to shop around now. I don't fancy paying £500 more to insure a slower more reliable car.

Helen, 709. That was because cheaper rates were found, but Adrian flux quote hardly moved even after I declared mods.

Nigel, I don't see how the passat is group 17. That's always been a shady area of how people rate the cars into groups.... I mean the way ins cmpy rates them.

Why the safer, slower passat is higher in insurance I'll never know.

Helen' date=' 709. That was because cheaper rates were found, but Adrian flux quote hardly moved even after I declared mods.

Nigel, I don't see how the passat is group 17. That's always been a shady area of how people rate the cars into groups.... I mean the way ins cmpy rates them.

Why the safer, slower passat is higher in insurance I'll never know.

[/quote']

It's apparently due to the cost of parts to repair it, and it's desirability to thieves.......be happy that tealeaves wat your passatt and not my golf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a Toyota Celica Supra 2.8i lovely motor, sold it got a sierra 1.8 saphire.crock of crap. Was 3 insurance groups higher, I argued the toss didn't matter one bit. so buy a supra, it wont get nicked as much as a saphire!!!

more attractive to thieves? more expensive to repair? More HP?

Unsure. VR's make a hulluvalota noise compared with the Passat.

VW droplinks for all 4 corners cost £700. Gaybay sell them for £23 a piece lol.

Horse power is 193.. standard. 174 for VR but mine had 183. Should have informed Ins Company, they'd have increased the premium lol.

Well, I've rung up sky, HIC and adrian flux to try and haggle.... they wouldn't budge even though I told them that Admiral, a company not associated with flux or moddifyed cars, quoted me £976.

Adrian flux £1024 not including admin charges.

Sky: best price £911... including admin charges, 1025 and they require £232 deposit strait away... 322 in one go including deposit and 1st months payment.

HIC: Adrian flux sister company and will not quote less or more than flux.

Admiral: £976. £1190 with admin charges.

What about uninsured drivers? How do insurance companies claim on these..?

And also how does the protected no claims bonus work..? It appears to me the likes of the drivers who are fortunate enough to not have a claim or at least a big claim are getting penalised by means of increased premiums..

The whole industry needs to be looked into imo.. I'm going through a similar issue with professional indemnity insurance for a big pool build were doing for a russian bank, they have demanded 1million cover, where our normal is 250k. They have agreed to pay us or the increase, PI insurance MUST be held for 10-12 years to future proof any design flaws but the insurance company wont give us figures for the next year let alone 10 years on.. What if the increases continue to go up lik this..? A loose loose situation i feel..