This car makes me paranoid parking

Ive had a fair few cars in my short time drving, all of them, you know, nice, but for some reason the cheapest car ive ever owned is the one im afraid to park and extremely protective of.

All of my other cars didnt get that much attention from people, even my bright red Mazda MPS that you see precisely never on the road and had a mazdaspeed intake on it that coughed up excess boost like an elephant sneezing.

I used to leave my st and audi parked up in all sorts of rough places and didnt give it much thought.

But i cant even leave my car in sainsburys without worrying about it, I come back to the car and circle it checking every panel lol and it gets attention from everybody, even if mostly they have nice things to say like nice to see someone keeping what is becoming a bit of an iconic car in a tidy condition.

is there any help available for people like myself who have a bit of an OCD about their cars protection?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know exactly how you feel, when I use to take my Mrs out for a meal in the VR. We would get to the car park and I would sit there in the car for 15 mins sometimes and she would say "Are you waiting for a parking space that can be seen from the restaurant Hunni?" Oh yes love. The Jag or the 4X4 just get dumped, the mk4 didnt even get a thought.

But the VR6 just got treated as it should like royalty.

hehe ive done that' date=' wating for an end space so you can park with a big buffer area around your car, or waiting for a kiddies space as they are like 5 foot apart

[/quote']

I find myself looking over the shoulder and askin myself is there a car seat in here YES BONUS Mother and todler bay

disabled bay ftw - just limp when you get out !! ;) ;) I joke !! also I reckon your more likely some tool will park really close to you if you park over two spaces as people dont see your pride and joy they just think your being an arse !! the only cure is to have a beat up daily driver :)

HAHA I did this once, I had a pug 205 diesel, was 19 different shades of red and rust. really didn't give a s**t about it. Funny no=one ever looked at it!!!!!!!!!

yea thats my view on double spacing' date=' someones just gonna be an arse on purpose cos you did it.

i can say it annoys the shit outta me when Q7s and the like do it.

[/quote']

Gotta defend here, Only do that in a car park thats emptyish or large enough that by taking up an extra space won't really be noticed......could even be construed as accidental..............

Well on a couple of occasions, I've been one of those ass's.

I used to have a shop that I frequented. Very busy, never any spaces. On a couple of occasions, people would find 2 bays and just aim their car for it. So I used to park across them and go shopping.

Came back on each occasion to lots of abuse, rightly so, however, if I wanted to park and couldn't because of them, they were fair game.

NOW though, I totally understand, having had and actually watched people open their doors into my VR and passat and try to look innocent when I catch them.

Always handy..

park.jpg

Ohhh careful. This could be construed as aggresive behaviour...I knew a guy (no not me) that got fed up of people messing with his motorbike, so he left a note on it saying if he caught anyone messing with his bike, he would mess with them. The note was read by a couple of coppers, who then waited for him, and then arressted him for threatening behaviour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thats the truth