i think a few mkIII's had vw motorsport boxes from the factory...very very rarae tho, will have a vw motorsport plate on it somewhere.

others have been converted as an aftermarket conversion, originally done by gemini as eat this syas, but is now still done by another company (not sure of the name, stealth do them)...cost about £1500 for the conversion. there's two options, some just have an extra long 6th added (which is silly when the current 5th is good to 167mph - not that the car has enough bhp to get there), the best one is where the standard 5th ratio becomes the new 6th, then all the lower gears are closed up. i would love one of these, but a)its a lot of cash, and b)i'd have to have spend another £500 on a quaife or peloquin ATB diff.

if you want a fancy box at a cheaper price you can always get a lower FD and/or diff put on your existing 5 speeder. the lower FD will limit top speed to a pathetic 140mph tho! lol i may have one of these dont later in the year if finances allow.

Quick question' date=' what is a quaife/ peloquin diff?

Is it the same as a limited slip diff?

Does it protect the clutch in some way by the fact it disengages when there's a load of power? Also meaning no wheel spin?? [/quote']

a quaife or peloquin ATB diff is a torque biasing diff, its much better than an LSD which is a limited slip diff. i can't really explain how they work as its seriously complex and i don't even understand it. but as i understand the difference is that a LSD removes power from a spinning inside wheel, where as an ATB shares the power between the wheels to optimum effect and thus keeping wheelspin very minimal. a mate has a quaife on his nova and another has one on a MKII golf and they're great bits of kits...you can just keep your foot palnted and they will not wheelspin and understeer in corners, down side is if you do have to lift in a corner they snap the rear end round mega quick.