• 5 months later...

if u change the mechanism, i belive you wont be able to fit the standard corrado top. so if you wanna swap, you need to change the complete set with a passat one, but the curve of the roof is different on a passat (a bit more curve than a corrado).

but if you fit a glass sliding roof from a passat, you can barely notice the curve diffrence, but you need some "constructive thinking", as you need to pad the mechanism of the sliding roof, in order to work properly.

i have swaped mine for the passats, but i am changinig in back to standard, as i have bought new mechanism, which should work for a while:)

@vr6pete: the motor isn't the problem, the sliding mechanism is. it is a common problem on the rrados-you can raise up the roof, but it doesn't slide back. it's prone to failiure due to a plastik roller on the mechanism, which brakes of with time, an than the hooks on the mechanism get stuck in the side profile of the slider, and that is why you cannot slide the roof back

hope i helped.

cheers

(p.s. it would be a lot easier to explain stuff, if i knew the english mechanics lingo. so sorry about that, but i am working on it;))

• 1 month later...

Translation:- I sourced one from a local breakers. Passat 35i Estate is the one you're after. Take the entire cassette containing the mechanism and roof. There are about 10 x 10mm bolts holding it on. Take the motor too, although the Rado one is the same. Good to have a spare. I think you can also swap the interior light panel. The Passat one has a little sunshade on it. Which is nice.