at the end off the day its only a car if it gose wrong scrap it and get some thing else you get 3 months garantee and as far as fitting been in trade will sort some thing and its down to fit my car and a manifold is only 90 on ebay

well thats one way of looking at it mate ! but then you have to factor in all the other bits such as bigger injectors, head studs and bolts, remap etc as said Jim did his for roughly £1K for parts etc then plus a remap on top but I think he has now spent a fair bit more than that on parts etc still very very cheap for the car he has ended up with but I think all in you would be looking at £1.5K - £2K inc remap

but as said if you do buy a kit and install it then please start a readers ride and update with lots of pics and info as loads of people would be interested in seeing how you get on :) :)

you dont need a spacer plat for supercharger , you can run stage 3 without one if you got a water injection or charge cooler ,

i am running stage 2 with water injection and charge cooler and running 300+ with a vortech as a daily driver

second hand charger 1.4k

bigger injectors 3oo

stainless mainfold - 150

decat - 100

reamp - 400 (depending on map - custom stealth best)

uprated leads - 50 quid

uprated spark plugs - 60 quid

264 cams - 400+

extra

water injection -250

charge cooler - 400

charge cooler pump - 100

charge cooler tank - 150

oil cooler kit - 150

only estimates on prices.....shop around and you get cheaper.....

I have a z-engineering ZR-2 @ Stage 1, full milltek inc. de-cat and a SMALL Pipercross filter (rated upto 195bhp)!!! Everything else engine wise is OEM spec. I'm running 273.5bhp with a stealth remap. If Im honest, I'd say it was better suited as a fast road car because its not too smooth around town at 30mph. Thursday night I was out with a 300+bhp impreza, 287bhp astra VXR and a few other 'high power' hot hatches and my 15 year old VR was the quickest there (mid / top end) From the lights I wasn't too fast but overall over approx. 1 mile I was faster than any other car out.

This VR cost me 1600 quid.

The charger ost me 832 quid

The head gasket and chains. tensioners, etc (all OEM) cost 600 quid

Labour for head work was 600 quid

SMOKING EVEWRYTHING ON THE ROAD ONCE FIXED..... PRICELESS

OEM GASKETS, CLUTCH, INJECTORS. 4 BAR FPR FROM MY 94 VR6

This is my daily driver apart from a Transit!!! The charger is worth its weight in gold and the only reason I bought another VR.