Turbo or supercharger

I don't think I'll be the only one to say do a website search.. there is sooooo many threads on this topic.

Also have a look in members projects section, there's a lot in there too but with pictures so can give you an idea of work involved.

mate, you need around £5500 all in . . use a firm who does this for a living, dont listen to too many ideas from people, then tell a tuner what you know as you will only pee them off, every one does it a different way. choose a charger or turbo and book it in and let them get on with it.

They are 2 totally different things that get to the same outcome......superchargers give you a smooth progressive power delivery. My rotrex built boost right upto its peak around 5.5k rpm. Where as the Turbo if chosen right will give you a nice shove in the back wwhen it comes in, with a good lump of torque....I love it hence why I bought the R32T

Reliability is directly proportional to the money and effort investment put into it.

My VRT travels up and down the country regularly and is used every day for work. It's currently done nearly 50K with no problems.... but it took a LOT to get it to where it is now.

do you really need 5 grand????? shit my pants, i was thinking more along the lines of 3......thats my hopes and dreams outa the window lol or can it be made cheaper if ur not looking for such a power upgrade, not such a harsh map therefore maybe not needing to upgrade asmuch? i was under the impression you dont get to serious with upgrades untill the 300bhp mark?

i bought my car and turbo'd it myself for 3 grand do allot of research into what works best and read kevhaywires diy turbo guide theres allot of usefull info in there. And as for paying some one to do it its your choice i wouldent trust someone else to change my oil never mind turbo my car your labour is the cheapest and you know its been done right.