Hi all, been a while since I posted on here. Basically, I had this VR6 a year ago;

P6260715.jpg

Sold the car far too cheap, and it disappeared off to Ireland. Then the faint whiff of RWD wafted through my nostrils and ended up selling it to buy a 200SX;

PB120808.jpg

Anyway, enjoyed the Nissan for all of five months, then as winter kicked in, the thing got almost lethal...so I did the girly thing and sold it. With the funds from that, I thought sod it and ended up buying an Alfa Romeo GTV Cup,

9b3d5ef0.jpg

Then after being royally shafted on a regular basis by Mr BP and Mr Shell, I cut my losses and sold that.

So naturally, when you're looking for an economical motor, the first port of call would have to be a VR6.

After spending weeks scowering auto trader, PH and every other conceivable classified I could think of and only finding cars in either Glamorgan or Devon, imagine my surprise when this popped up 5 miles from my parents’ house.

It's a Satin Silver VR, only done 54,000 miles, FSH, Climatronic and generally pretty clean....

41cc39ec.jpg

1b4eb88a.jpg

So me being me, I set about ruining it Friday with the help of a couple of mates;

f3bdd0ea.jpg

We only managed to get the front coils on, due to my mate having to shoot off early, so we left it looking like this;

4e305aca.jpg

b8a6af21.jpg

be7bad30.jpg

Then with the weather being brilliant again yesterday, we finished it off...

9311c225.jpg

9f40fa35.jpg

And so it looked like this...with front camber to pot and sitting all over the shop...

dc7797b6.jpg

9c6e9483.jpg

fca71784.jpg

21903f8e.jpg

So today, finished off with a spirit level and a bit of tinkering, so now its nice and low and driving tighter than before. Didn't manage to get any pictures as my battery went.

Next up is sorting the rusty sub-frames and knackered jacking points, then getting arches rolled, wheels...then interior then let it snowball from there....

Cheers for looking!

Cheers guys, got lots of plans for it, seen so much stuff for it already! As for wheels, think I've looked at more sets than I did cars. Would love another set of CH's like I had on my old one, but not sure.

Glad I'm back in the VR as well, it doesn't feel that much slower than the GTV, despite being 50bhp down on it, but at least the MPG is more decent!

• 1 month later...

Cheers bud, big fan of silver, it was either this or try and find a white one. In other news, not really done a great deal to the car other than ruin it a bit. Took the bumpers off with the intentions of doing some custom bodywork and fitted some CL bumpers as I didn't want to drive the car without any on! The car has also developed a misfire, so need to investigate that. Had planned on uprating the plugs and leads anyway, so this is just an excuse to do it earlier.

Anyways...

Mentioned it on edition that this is going to be more about driving enjoyment than show n shine. Done all that before and really want something I can rag the tits off...its pretty enthusiastic as it is. Managed a google maps recommended journey of 28 minutes in 12 the other night :-d but it's not enough, eventually want to turbo this one...and maybe more. Have one or two plans that I wanna follow up on. And I do realise that it is slightly ironic seeing as its lowered on budget coilovers at the moment, just didn't want it sitting on stilts.

So yeah, anyway...the plans are A59esque wide arches and custom'd front and rear bumpers, big power, stripped out etc....but at the minute, its going slowly as I'm just stock piling parts until I can tell HIC to take a running jump and find an insurance company that don't feel obliged to bum me out of money. So come November, engine mods will start surfacing.

Til then, its going to be menial stuff, just tidying up and stiffening the car in prep for the power hike.

Actual picture updates...as everyone loves a good picture;

These turned up;

481f273c.jpg

b9d385c3.jpg

Planning on running them with either 323mm LCR discs, or 330mm's....not sure yet.

Also the car with the CL bumpers on and with the behinds cleaned. 10 years worth of crap and dirt trapped behind, I was surprised there wasn't more rust spots behind them.

bfe5d614.jpg

a9864414.jpg

then...

14fb2609.jpg

1c4fc5a6.jpg

So yeah, wordy and irrelevant update, but I'm waiting on being paid before I order the wheels, tyres, discs and pads...etc etc....can see this snowballing a hell of a lot!

Cheers for looking!

Cheers guys, much appreciated. Yeah I might make it to Billing, really wanted to come along when I had the Mulberry, but never got around to it for some reason...

My last one...should never have sold it, had sooo many nice parts on it that I let go for stupidly cheap money....Mulberry trimmed Recaro Pole Positions, Premier Performance dials...knew I should have kept hold of them!

Ah well, onwards and upwards...going to start stripping the insides out over the weekend, think I've secured a seat for my arse...passangers side might take a bit more scowering!

• 2 weeks later...

Just another little update for now;

Got a bit carried away taking the dash apart the other day and it resulted in this;

f62bbc86.jpg

Then decided to take the binnacle apart to give the needles a lick of paint;

7db9d080.jpg

Then thought, sod it. Whilst its apart, might as well have a crack at doing something different...so this happened;

7520f375.jpg

Then set about creating something on Photoshop;

8032c389.jpg

But ran short of time as I needed the car at the weekend. So just did some silver dials, changed the font type and tidied the dials up...and a Ferrari-esque Yellow rev counter, bit ghey I know, but I like it...plus it's added 20bhp as well, can really feel the difference...well maybe not!

And finally, picked these up today;

ade9d2d4.jpg

Should be fitted tomorrow at some point, just on the hunt for some 195/40's!

Classy mate' date=' i like it. You definately do some good stuff to your motors. Look forward to seeing the wheels on

[/quote']

Thanks very much mate, much appreciated :-d

Wheels should be on tomorrow hopefully. Fingers crossed.

And b19drg, is that your email addy in the link? If it is, I'll fire them across now.

Trial fit went well;

9cdec110.jpg

eab82c7c.jpg

And dropped down onto the wood;

c2d1e74c.jpg

Think I might just get away without rolling the arches with a 195/40.

Might add a small spacer on the front so I can camber the top in a little more as its sitting rather close to the coil at the mo.

One more as well, because I'm crap at keeping stuff quiet!

bbe8e6a0.jpg

They look massive on the last pic! :-d

Massive amount of space for the calipers behind the spokes, stupid amounts really!

Really looking forward to Friday now so I can get the tyres on and start tweaking the ride height and finally get the alignment sorted.

Cheers,

J

Wheels now fitted....happened quicker than I thought :-d

260e6531.jpg

fdbec6c8.jpg

921c04f7.jpg

Brakes next, then change of coilovers & exhaust and then hit the interior up before sitting down and working out how I can justify/ fund FI....

So much for not spending money on this one!